Moho Performance

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Borchc

Moho Performance

Post by Borchc »

Good afternoon, please tell me why the software uses only up to 25% of the logical cores of the processor when playing animation in the viewport?
And even these 3 logical cores are used collectively loaded as one logical core at +/- 130%.

Is it possible to somehow make Moho work at 100% of at least these 3 logical cores?

As a rigger with experience, I constantly optimize projects for different studios. And he got a pretty good hand at optimizing rigs and scenes.

But even so, with 3 origami in a scene for a serial project, the number of frames per second drops from 24 to 13-15. Yes, it's not a little. This is enough for comfortable work, given that you can disable unnecessary settings and work only with those that are needed at the moment.

But as a technician, I'm more interested in how to increase productivity. And it is clear that the software can use more performance than it allows itself.

Colleagues, maybe someone has experience, maybe they can edit some kind of configuration file. Or some other ways to increase productivity.

Do not offer overclocking of the processor)

Scenes of 1920 x 1080
The rigs are about like this -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cjhZ-5 ... ZPQ8L/view ?usp=drive_link
Moho -14.1

I understand that you can turn off the dynamics, for example, but it is not always convenient to go to the tricks of turning it off in the viewport. But then it won't work on the preview render either. And you need to turn it on again.

By the way, the developers have added the ability to choose the number of cores for rendering and their acceptable load, maybe you should do something similar for playing animations in the viewport.

I will be grateful for any answer and help in this matter. Thank you in advance.
Lae82

Re: Moho Performance

Post by Lae82 »

To boost performance, what I can think of:

-Disable masking preview in viewport rendering.

-Use low-res images for preview and high-res for final output. Choose layer settings - "hide in editing" for high-res jpg/png and choose "don't render" for low-res images.

-Windows task manager - services - Moho - rmb click
Set priority to higher than "normal"

-Disable Windows energy power saving for cpu/gpu = optimal performance.

-Disable gpu caching in Moho to see if that helps.

-Dock all windows, don't use separate floating windows in Moho.
Borchc

Post by Borchc »

Thanks for the advice.
I have completed all these points for a very long time)
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

When performance is particularly bad in Moho, in my experience it is usually caused by:

1. Corrupted references. Remaking them solves it.

2. Negative keyframes. Synthsin Negative Keys Script solves it.

Since Moho 14, masks affect performance a lot. And I can't solve that. I have made tests where I have a character with 5 or 6 masks and every time I disable the visibility of one of the mask groups I gain one frame per second playing the animation in the workspace. So I often have to just disable the mask preview. As this engine is still quite new, I hope mask preview performance can be optimized for the next patches.