Layer weirdly Floating and Resizing with Smart Bone

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NanotechBeasts

Layer weirdly Floating and Resizing with Smart Bone

Post by NanotechBeasts »

Hi I have been using Anime Studio Pro for years. I seem to have gotten rusty on using Smart Bones. I am using Anime Studio Pro 11.

I am trying to use a smart bone to make a gear rotate. The bone and layer are on the default layer size settings and the bone strength is zero. Still as I turn the bone to create key frames for the gear it goes wonky and starts trying to follow the bone movement or the gear starts resizing itself. All I want it to do is spin in a circle on spot. I feel really dumb even asking on this as I am sure I have forgotten something fundamentally stupid.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ca470y8 ... d.zip/file
synthsin75

Re: Layer weirdly Floating and Resizing with Smart Bone

Post by synthsin75 »

You either need more keyframes or use layer rotation.

Point motion interpolates in straight lines. So if there aren't enough, it will look like it's shrinking.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

One other alternative is to bind the Gear (Flexi-Bind/Point Bind/Layer Bind) to another bone (i.e. the gear-bone), and then use the Smart Bone to turn the gear-bone.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

Thank you! Thank you! I used a combo of both methods and it worked. I created two bones one to bind the gear to and one to turn into a smart bone to spin the gear. I rotated the layer after changing the layer origin point to being at the center of the gear. I was just really stuck!

This is werewolfgrl_99 btw. I missed everyone. Life has been hard the last few years so I haven't had much time to work on projects but I definitely miss it. Due to my job I had to delete my previous accounts. Please just refer to me as my current project name NanotechBeasts.