Bezier handles not working correctly

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

allandye

Bezier handles not working correctly

Post by allandye »

Hey guys. I'm new-ish to Moho. On a brand new MacBook Pro, Ventura 13.5. attached to a Wacom tablet.

Still learning and so far I've rigged a couple characters teaching myself the software. I've been focusing on vector art animation. come from a mostly flash background so it fits right into my skillset.

It was working great till out of nowhere the bezier handles weren't acting as expected for all shapes. Checked the demo files. same thing. Even when I begin a new file, suddenly it doesn't work across all files. I restarted the program. I restarted the computer. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled. looked around for library files to see if something got corrupted that's not contained in the application. So far no dice. I have my previous computer and went back and the bezier are acting as expected. Even though I don't think this matters, the older computer has 14.0 and the new one 14.1.

I've found other topics on what sounds like a similar bug, but it's for earlier versions of Moho but this seems a little different since my issue doesn't seem to be tied to the buggy file, just stopped working altogether for everything. attached is a YouTube video showing a blank file and fresh bezier.

For now I guess I'll use my old computer but it's a BIG bummer. was excited to start producing work. any clue to what might cause this? a setting or something that got tripped by accident? is it possible to revert to 14.0 as an experiment? screen capped an example of what I'm talking about...

Link:
https://youtu.be/Y46MuWLgKaU
allandye

Re: Bezier handles not working correctly

Post by allandye »

Okay,well, I did one more experiment that worked! but still not sure what's going on. I converted just ONE point to a non-curve...did it in a blank file. then suddenly all bezier handles worked. did I force some sort of reset? or was I on some sort of setting I didn't understand and clicked off of it when I messed around with the curve tool?

I would delete the post but maybe this will help out anyone who comes across the same bug.
teienkawi

Re: Bezier handles not working correctly

Post by teienkawi »

in the video it looked like fixed bezier handles where on maybe try turning the fixed handles off