Three quality of life timeline improvements

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Three quality of life timeline improvements

Post by JoelMayer »

Kudos to anyone who's animating without AE's KeyTool installed. I love the new buttons in the timeline to move keys by frame increments BUT, those buttons STILL don't affect Switches, Vector layers, etc.

I'd really just like a button to move things forwards and backwards that moves EVERYTHING in ALL child layer channels that have keyframes including the ones mentioned above. It makes it quite tedious to re-time stuff where you already animated some things on a point level or switches, etc.

The other thing i really would like to see in vanilla Moho is a simple button in the timeline, that just shows me ALL layers that have animation on them. whether it'd be bones, vectors, layers, switches, etc.

And thirdly: the consolidate layers option should include EVERYTHING as well so when i move keys on a high level i can be sure i really move everything and not just bone keys.
Last edited by JoelMayer on Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Panha

Re: Three overdue quality of life timeline improvements

Post by Panha »

JoelMayer wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:52 pm Kudos to anyone who's animating without AE's KeyTool installed. I love the new buttons in the timeline to move keys by frame increments BUT, those buttons STILL don't affect Switches, Vector layers, etc.

I'd really just like a button to move things forwards and backwards that moves EVERYTHING in ALL child layer channels that have keyframes including the ones mentioned above. It makes it quite tedious to re-time stuff where you already animated some things on a point level or switches, etc.

The other thing i really would like to see in vanilla Moho is a button, that just shows me ALL layers that have animation on them. whether it'd be bones, vectors, layers, switches, etc.

And thirdly: the consolidate layers option should include EVERYTHING as well so when i move keys on a high level i can be sure i really move everything and not just bone keys.
I agree. Push Key Left/Right should be able or much better should have the option to let user choose between push whole document including camera, child layer, etc, or to only push visible keyframes on the timeline. Than would makes Moho a more modern software of animation. :)