Considering Auto-Bake Previous Keyframe

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Considering Auto-Bake Previous Keyframe

Post by Panha »

When we are doing the animation, we may freeze the keyframes once before we animate the on the current frame. That may be the way most of us do while animating. Fortunately, in Moho we have lots of options to freeze the key such as freeze selected keys, freeze visible keys, freeze all keys, and also auto freeze keyframes. Those are cool features that Moho has. Then I came up with another option while doing my animation. All the time I need to click on freeze the keys (one of the options I mentioned). What if we have the auto-bake previous keyframes that can automatically copy keyframes from previous section to automatically paste those keyframes before the current frames (in a number of desirable interval). Isn't that a good feature? Anyway, just the idea. :D
synthsin75

Re: Considering Auto-Bake Previous Keyframe

Post by synthsin75 »

Wouldn't that be the same as step interpolation?
Panha

Re: Considering Auto-Bake Previous Keyframe

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:36 am Wouldn't that be the same as step interpolation?
No, they are too far different, but may be similar to "auto freeze keyframes". The different is that "auto freeze keyframes" will add all the keyframes on the current frames where the cursor is, but "auto bake keyframes (from previous frames)" would be add visible keyframes from previous frame right before the current frame where the cursor is. May be the users can set how many frames before the current frames that the keyframes should be baked. I think this would help change the speed of animation process since we don't have to worry about freezing the keyframes before doing our animation on the current frames we are on. :D