new layer drawing

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tunde

new layer drawing

Post by Tunde »

good day every one,
when i create a new layer in the middle of the timeline(any frame that is not frame zero), it becomes visible from frame zero. i do not want it like that. i want it visisble from the frame i created it. please, what do i do. i use moho 14
Maestral

Re: new layer drawing

Post by Maestral »

Far as I know, you can only create a copy or a reference layer in the middle of the timeline - so, it is a copy of the existing one, which by default is visible from frame 0.

However, you can use "Toggle frame 0" (top left on the timeline) to set it as invisible on frame 0 and then switch back on the timeline, where you need it to be visible.
There is a script which has this as a single click but it's just one of the options/tools that come with it and I'm not sure which script it is.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Tunde wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:05 pm good day every one,
when i create a new layer in the middle of the timeline(any frame that is not frame zero), it becomes visible from frame zero. i do not want it like that. i want it visisble from the frame i created it. please, what do i do. i use moho 14
New layers are always visible by default. Go to Layer Settings for the layer and you'll see a checkbox next to the word "Visible."

If you uncheck the box, the layer becomes invisible.

After you create a layer, go to frame zero and uncheck the box. This will make the layer invisible. Then go to the frame you want the layer to appear, check the box, and the layer will appear on that frame and after.
Tunde

Post by Tunde »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:27 pm
Tunde wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:05 pm good day every one,
New layers are always visible by default. Go to Layer Settings for the layer and you'll see a checkbox next to the word "Visible."

If you uncheck the box, the layer becomes invisible.

After you create a layer, go to frame zero and uncheck the box. This will make the layer invisible. Then go to the frame you want the layer to appear, check the box, and the layer will appear on that frame and after.
no, it wasnt like that in moho 12. let me explain better. if i create a new layer on frame zero, it will be visible all through the frames except i make it not visible which is correct. the issue i have now is when i'm not on frame zero e.g frame 20 and i create a new layer, it is supposed to be invisible from frame 0 to 19 then visible from 20 and above. that was how it worked on moho 12.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

" e.g frame 20 and i create a new layer... "

What kind is that new layer? Vector?
Most likely you have enabled drawing tools on all frames (not just on 0) hence you can create a new vector layer in the middle of the timeline but still, by default, new layer is visible from 0.
Last edited by Maestral on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I wrote and use this button for situations like this (and more): https://mohoscripts.com/script/LK_LayerVisibility
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Thanks, Lukas - that would be the one I mentioned where this one could also be handy
Last edited by Maestral on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tunde

Post by Tunde »

Lukas wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:12 pm I wrote and use this button for situations like this (and more): https://mohoscripts.com/script/LK_LayerVisibility
thank you for this script. it work fine , however it has not solved the main problem i have. the script work on the current frame and forward. i need visibility to be off before the current frame. does that mean if i create a new drawing on frame 20, i will have to go back to frame zero to turn it off , and then turn it on on frame 20. it wasnt like this on moho 12. its frustrating.
Tunde

Post by Tunde »

Maestral wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:17 pm Thanks, Lukas - that would be the one I mentioned where this one could also be handy
thank you so much. this script solved my problem. thanks a lot man. you helped me real good
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Tunde wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:46 pm… i need visibility to be off before the current frame. does that mean if i create a new drawing on frame 20, i will have to go back to frame zero to turn it off , and then turn it on on frame 20. …
1. Create a new layer.
2. Go to frame 20.
3. Hit my button *TWO* times. (Clicking it only once assumes you only want to make the layer invisible at the current frame).
4. Now the new layer is invisible from frame 1 up to frame 19, and visible from frame 20 onward.