Issues Updating Existing Shape Layers Into Liquid Shapes (MOHO 14)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GosuSama

Issues Updating Existing Shape Layers Into Liquid Shapes (MOHO 14)

Post by GosuSama »

Anyone else having issues updating their existing rig and adding Liquid Shape effect onto your existing vectors?

Now that we don't have to use 2 separate layers and use "Masking" in order to create an efficient mouth setup and we can now do it all in a single layer using Liquid Shapes, I've been wanting to update my rig, but it seems like it does not work properly unless you redo the vectors from scratch which is incredibly unintuitive.

I would literally do the exact same thing but get different results depending on whether I am Liquid Shaping a brand new vector or not... Seems like a bug/glitch moreso than how it was programmed.

Hope there's a fix around this issue but so far changing the options in the "Style" toolbar has given me no tangible results.

Anyone else figure a workaround yet?
Hoptoad

Re: Issues Updating Existing Shape Layers Into Liquid Shapes (MOHO 14)

Post by Hoptoad »

Your problem sounds similar to something that happened to my old bone rig.

What may be happening is that the old masking information is maintained when copying the vector layers, and you need to get rid of that information.

Go to the vector layer of the original mouth rig on the old character.

Go to Layer Settings. Checkmark the box for "Don't mask this layer." Repeat for all the vector layers for the mouth.

Copy Layer (from the menu) on the Masking Group that holds the vector art.

Go to the new character.

Paste Layer (from the menu).

Liquid Shapes might work now.

(You probably will want to delete the old character without saving the changes.)
GosuSama

Post by GosuSama »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it happens outside of Masking layers as well... Idk, it just seems like a bug to me.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

GosuSama wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:01 am Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it happens outside of Masking layers as well... Idk, it just seems like a bug to me.
That really sounds like what happened to me.

The problem was the vector layer "remembered" that it was used for masking, even after the vector layer was outside a masking group.

Someone told me that the vector layer's masking attributes needed to be turned off before I used those vector layers for something else.

Once I did that, the problem went away.

Technically, the problem probably qualifies as a bug, because a user would naturally expect a vector layer in a masking group to "forget" it's masking attributes if the vector layer is copy/pasted into a new location that is not in a masking group. But it is fixable. At least my problem was, at any rate.