Blowing Leaves with Particles

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PixelVector

Blowing Leaves with Particles

Post by PixelVector »

Hello,

I want to create leaves blowing across the screen, starting in the top screen left corner and curving towards the screen right and leave frame. I'm thinking instead of drawing a bunch of leaves and animating them, maybe there's a way to do with the particle system, but to me it seems so random and lacks control. Does anyone have suggestions for how to do this?

Basically I want this to act as a transition between two scenes.
Greenlaw

Re: Blowing Leaves with Particles

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't know if this helps, but I posted a demo and downloadable project file that sounds like what you're describing here...

Does the wind simulator have an effect on particles?

Here's an additional technique using the same project file to give the leaves a more swooping path...

Does the wind simulator have an effect on particles? (Enhancement)

Bonus trick: This next one is just leaves falling but shows what else you can do using the same project assets...

Particles - Wind Blowing Effect & Particle Build-Up
PixelVector

Re: Blowing Leaves with Particles

Post by PixelVector »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:33 pm I don't know if this helps, but I posted a demo and downloadable project file that sounds like what you're describing here...

Does the wind simulator have an effect on particles?

Here's an additional technique using the same project file to give the leaves a more swooping path...

Does the wind simulator have an effect on particles? (Enhancement)

Bonus trick: This next one is just leaves falling but shows what else you can do using the same project assets...

Particles - Wind Blowing Effect & Particle Build-Up
Thank you! This is helpful - I will take a look and try something out!