Data driven graphics in Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matzilla

Data driven graphics in Moho?

Post by Matzilla »

Does anyone have any experience or ideas regarding how to make animated graphs, or circular infographic pie charts, with numbers that update with the animation.
Most of this work is generally done with Adobe After Effects, but i would love to try with Moho, although i can't find any examples.
Any ideas are appreciated, thanks
m
m
striker2311

Re: Data driven graphics in Moho?

Post by striker2311 »

Matzilla wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:10 pm Does anyone have any experience or ideas regarding how to make animated graphs, or circular infographic pie charts, with numbers that update with the animation.
Most of this work is generally done with Adobe After Effects, but i would love to try with Moho, although i can't find any examples.
Any ideas are appreciated, thanks
m
This is the similiar video, see if helps you in what you're asking
https://youtu.be/bYCgNIbL3Jg

You can check his channel and the playlist for more info.

You'll have to draw it in external software, and get that image then animate it through these tools by again creating them with vectors in moho
Matzilla

Post by Matzilla »

Thanks striker2311
He does great work! I will check out his tool kit, though i don't see anything specific to my problem, I am sure that some can be helpful.

One solution I have found so far is using the Moho Stroke Exposure tool to draw circular infographic charts.

Thanks!
m
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Matzilla wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:43 pm Thanks striker2311
He does great work! I will check out his tool kit, though i don't see anything specific to my problem, I am sure that some can be helpful.

One solution I have found so far is using the Moho Stroke Exposure tool to draw circular infographic charts.

Thanks!
yes you did catch it, but experiment other things too, you can use copy animation for bar charts, there are possibilities for making your work easier. :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You'll want to check out HS Shape by Hayasidist. It features new shapes and options that lend themselves to information graphics.

Some of the MYND tools are useful for info graphics too. There's a lot of tools in that package, so I just install the couple of tools I use regularly and keep the others offline until I need them. Tip: Don't install the Tool Layout that comes with MYND as it will overwrite your own settings. It's better to add the tools you want to your own Tool Layout.
Matzilla

Post by Matzilla »

Thanks.
In the end I resolved the donut charts like this:
- importing a png of the chart from excel
- creating a circle, giving the stroke the same with. Clone it. The bottom clone will be the contrasting colour (in my case it was nuetral grey).
- choosing belzier curves at the top, otherwise when you cut the circle it distorts (important)
- cut the circle at the two points
- use the remove edge tool to remove the excess
- click on frame 1 and using the stroke exposure tool wind back the line unrtil it's invisible.
- click on frame 48 and wind the stroke out completely.

You can use curved or square end caps.
m