How keyframe 0 settings any other but always smooth on 14?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: How keyframe 0 settings any other but always smooth on 14?

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, this is pretty rude:
FanN80085 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:22 am But this is a very-very bad idea for next 3 reasons.

1. F1 should be copied from F0, but F0 is set on smooth settings by default, so I'm gonna have to wasting my time anyway to go back to F1, select keyframe and change their settings to linear on F1. It's like an extra step of useless work.... why should I do that?

2. Since I mostly use 2 sides action-bone for animating vector layers. (for example, turning the eye left and right in the 1 action-bone.) Using F0 as a starting line for these action is very important. Because ...
Even in cases where the changes are too drastic and whole action must be redone, it's just a annoying waste of time to even think about F1 needs to be fixed.

3. You said many times that the animation in action starts at F1 and F0 is ignored. But you are COMPLETELY wrong.
Why you keep saying that the actions animation starts with F1, I don't understand. Because they don't.
And if you do a full right-to-left turn. you'll actually get some freeze frames in the middle. Copying something on F1 in action is a goddamn curse.
And if F0 is smooth and you do a full right-to-left turn, your animation will slow down in the middle. I don't need that, it's annoying! If I want smooth I'll just apply smooth or bezier on the bones action keyframe on the main timeline. As long as the action has enough frames, it does fine with any smoothness.
But please, add the option to select F0 settings somewhere in the main project settings in an upcoming patch. That would be nice!
1. You can set frame one keys to match frame zero, using your default interpolation, i.e. linear, in one step.
2. If you use two-way actions, frame zero should be the same as the middle of your action range. In that case, it makes no sense to have it start from frame zero.
3. Actions never show frame zero. So yes, actions start at frame one.

If you're getting "freeze frames in the middle," you're not copying frame zero to frame one. You're either copying frame zero to the middle twice, or you're constructing two-way actions wrong. Why on earth would you do either?

If you weren't rude, I'd explain further (like how to do 1) and perhaps even offer a scripting solution to default frame zero interpolation. But talking like this to a seasoned animator, who's done tons of TV work for a big studio, leads me to believe you likely think you know better anyway, and wouldn't listen. Good luck.