Apply mesh on vector hand draw layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cherrytomato

Apply mesh on vector hand draw layer

Post by cherrytomato »

Please HELP!!
I try to create a mesh layer for a skrit I draw. I change the skirt's select warap layer to the mesh layer. When I move the mesh, the skirt is not changing the shape at all.
Is there any tutorial of how it's been done? I was searching for a long time, the ones online are all apply on images.
hayasidist

Re: Apply mesh on vector hand draw layer

Post by hayasidist »

the skirt needs to have enough points so that the warp mesh can move them; and the warp mesh needs to have "cells" (quads or tris) that are of a size so they affect the points in the skirt.

Bottom line: the mesh is probably made up of cells that are too small for the number of points in the skirt, so that most of the warp mesh cells are not placed to affect the points on the skirt.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Whenever I create a vector drawing that's not deforming the way I like, I'll rasterize it at double-res and use the rasterized version for the rig. I used to do this manually but Hayasidist created a script that greatly simplifies the process.

viewtopic.php?p=182406#p182406
cherrytomato

Post by cherrytomato »

so, I did different testing. I found a solution by accient. If I add a bone and bind it to the skirt group, I'm able to use the mesh to change the skirt's shape.