Camera Bounding Box

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Camera Bounding Box

Post by Karl Toon »

Is there any way to change the colour of the camera bounding box. It's hard to see with certain coloured backgrounds.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Re: Camera Bounding Box

Post by Greenlaw »

Do you mean the color of the outlined box for the render output? I don't think you can change the color, but you can enable Show Output Only from under the View window. By default, it makes a solid black matte outside of the box, but you can make it semi-transparent by changing the alpha for the View Output Only setting in Preferences>Editor Colors. I like to drop the alpha down to about 30%, making the matte a nice see-through gray color, like a shadow.

I think this is better than a color outline because it works for almost any color background, and you can still see what falls outside of the camera's view. I think this setting may be less effective in an entirely black scene, but you can manage this by changing the color to white with 30% alpha

If you want this setting on by default, you must also enable Save And Restore Viewport Settings In Document in the Preferences>Documents tab. I know this doesn't sound like a global setting for Moho, but that's how it works.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

cool. Thanks,
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I went digging in the user settings file and found these three possible candidates

"MohoColCameraBounds" "137 31 31 255"
"MohoColCameraShade" "107 45 45 255"
"MohoColCameraTarget" "128 255 128 255"

but fiddling with the numbers seems to have no effect on the display (and before you ask: edit / save with Moho not active - restart Moho), so I guess they're either there for something else or are no longer used by the software?

Ah -- I also looked in "Globals"

there are these three functions -- I haven't played with them yet...
CameraBoundsCol   function
CameraShadeCol   function
CameraTargetCol   function

Edit: they seem to reflect the numbers in the user settings; and have no effect on the display!? I've logged an enhancement request.