Preview Animation

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Njord

Preview Animation

Post by Njord »

Other than I'm running Moho 14 on an older iMac which won't take latest MacOS, any reason colours, all layers, are different in "Preview Animation" but correct in "Preview..." ? (New Mac coming soon)
Greenlaw

Re: Preview Animation

Post by Greenlaw »

Preview Animation is meant for checking animation, not render quality. It allows you to review an animation with real-time playback when the regular timeline's playback performance is impacted. Preview Animation does not use Moho's render engine to create images, it uses the display preview with reduced quality to speed up the movie rendering process. Tip: Press Home before using Preview Animation to ensure capturing the camera's framing.

Preview... is for previewing the render quality of a single frame. It's used to check your image quality before committing to a full animation render using Export Animation or Moho Exporter.
Njord

Post by Njord »

Appreciate your explanation, and quick response. I don't recall, however, such occurring with previous versions on this old iMac but then, I've not used it in some time - just getting back at it and enjoying it! Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, there might be something else going on with the Mac version. A user in another thread mentioned that the colors looked different in a Preview Animation rendered on his Mac. Now that shouldn't happen. Is this what you're talking about?