AI writing help.

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

AI writing help.

Post by dueyftw »

A little off topic of animation. But for me, writing scripts is just as much as doing audio.

Before I start animating I usually write what I going to do. Unless it something real short I will write a script.
And if other people are going to read it I use Grammarly.

Now ,I'm also using:
https://app.wordtune.com/

This is an AI and changes your sentence to something else.
With a browser extension all you have to type is ctrl D while in Grammarly and you have several versions of the sentence you just wrote.

I don't know if this is useful. But I find myself working on scripts as much as animating.

Dale
SimplSam

Re: AI writing help.

Post by SimplSam »

Kinda scary how good these tools appear to be. I used one recently to 'write' some Christmas messages... (all heart-felt and genuine of course :)). I fear for the next generation of people who will no doubt get dumbed-down by excessive use of such tech.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

When I'm writing a post, I sometimes get stuck trying to phrase things clearly and feel I'm getting too wordy. Will check WordTune out and see if it helps me.

If anything, this sounds fascinating and I'm sure I'll find some use for it.

Thanks dueyftw!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The free version gives you 10 rewrites a day. I find that using it on one sentence the more useful it is. Also if you're looking for a decent synonym to a word. Well nice thing about it if it's embedded in my browser. So it shows up in grammarly, discord and I believe here. I'm not sure I'm using my phone right now. 😀

Dale
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

I remember when I started with ChatGPT 3. It was an awkward feeling of something like, "Do they need me to create these animations?". But with time, I understood that although AI is a powerful tool, the key lies in the person who controls it.

Nowadays, I am using AI tools from https://specialassistant.org/ that generates great input for my animations. It's a kind of GPT4 but for free. It has some easy-to-use tools that make the animation creation process more straightforward.
Last edited by teotoon on Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

A script writer I know tried this for some time and his judgement was: "AI is good for a first draft which contains each and every over-used cliché in the trade. You then can write a version which avoids all of these."
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Harry21

Post by Harry21 »

I'll eavesdrop. I'm also interested in this.
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

[quote=teotoon post_id=212754 time=1692052134 user_id=27]
I remember when I started with ChatGPT 3. It was an awkward feeling of something like, "Do they need me to create these animations?". But with time, I understood that although AI is a powerful tool, the key lies in the person who controls it.

Nowadays, I am using AI tools from https://specialassistant.org/ that generates great input for my animations. It's a kind of GPT4 but for free. It has some easy-to-use tools that make the animation creation process more straightforward.
[/quote]

Dear friends, this is not me (teotoon). It happened two or three times. I can't understand what's going on. I think there is a serious security issue in the forum script. I have been a member of this forum since 2004, but it seems that the only solution would be to close my account.

Thanks all,

LG
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

teotoon wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:18 pm
teotoon wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:28 pm I remember when I started with ChatGPT 3. It was an awkward feeling of something like, "Do they need me to create these animations?". But with time, I understood that although AI is a powerful tool, the key lies in the person who controls it.

Dear friends, this is not me (teotoon). It happened two or three times. I can't understand what's going on. I think there is a serious security issue in the forum script. I have been a member of this forum since 2004, but it seems that the only solution would be to close my account.

Thanks all,

LG
please send me an email or DM
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

"Dear friends, this is not me (teotoon). It happened two or three times. I can't understand what's going on. I think there is a serious security issue in the forum script. I have been a member of this forum since 2004, but it seems that the only solution would be to close my account."

Change your password immediately...
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

slowtiger wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:32 pm A script writer I know tried this for some time and his judgement was: "AI is good for a first draft which contains each and every over-used cliché in the trade. You then can write a version which avoids all of these."
I'm not a scriptwriter, other than for my own little animations, but I certainly agree with AI being quite good at creating first drafts.

This is what my mate, ChatGPT, had to say on the subject:

Using AI for a first draft that includes common clichés can be a useful starting point, especially if you're facing writer's block or need to quickly generate content. AI can help you generate a rough draft and provide you with ideas that you can then revise and improve upon. Here's how this process might work:

Generating the First Draft: You can use AI to quickly generate a first draft of your content. AI can generate text based on a prompt or topic you provide, and this initial draft might include clichés and common phrases.

Identifying Clichés: After generating the initial draft, review it to identify overused clichés and other areas that need improvement. Clichés can make your writing sound unoriginal and uninspiring, so it's essential to spot them.

Manual Editing: Rewrite and revise the content to remove or replace the clichés with fresh and original language. This is where your creative input comes in. You can use the AI-generated draft as a foundation and build upon it with your unique ideas and style.

Polishing and Refining: Continue the editing process to refine the content, ensuring it's coherent, engaging, and well-structured. Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, and the overall flow of the text.

Seek Feedback: Consider getting feedback from others, such as peers or editors, to further improve the quality of your content. Fresh perspectives can help you identify areas for enhancement.

Final Review: After incorporating feedback and making additional revisions, do a final review to ensure your content is free from clichés and conveys your message effectively.

Using AI in this way can significantly speed up the initial drafting process and serve as a creative springboard. However, it's essential to invest time and effort in the manual editing and revision phases to produce high-quality, original content that stands out from the cliché-ridden drafts generated by the AI.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney