Please make Magnet Tool minimum size smaller

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Please make Magnet Tool minimum size smaller

Post by Daxel »

I love the magnet tool. I use it a lot. I would love to see a built in multilayer magnet one day (I use A. Evseeva's script for that) but this request is much simpler.

The minimum size (actually radius) is not small enough. Any detailed full body character drawing with a close-up zoom in can have shapes that are smaller than the magnet tool circle at its minimum size.

Today I found a workarround. We can manually insert a smaller number for the radius and it works. The smaller number you can get with alt+leftclick+drag or with left-click-drag on the number is 0.01, while you can manually make the number ten times smaller, down to 0.001. That seems to be the hard limit, and it's much better. I think 0.0001 would be even better, but 0.001 is fine 99% of the times.

So I wanted to share that workarround and request a fix to the handy usual methods like alt+leftclick+drag or with left-click-drag on the number to be able to reach at least the actual minimum size of 0.001.