Image disappears when zooming out

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

No2Nuclear

Image disappears when zooming out

Post by No2Nuclear »

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I have just upgraded to moho debut 14 and have noticed that when I zoom out of an image to see my overall picture the detail seems to go. for example I have 3 shapes one inside another all different colours and when I zoom out a little they all seem to be the same colour but zoom back in and their correct colours come back. If I zoom out further all of the image disappears and I can only see the bones that I have added.
Daxel

Re: Image disappears when zooming out

Post by Daxel »

I guess it's an optimization technique to display the workspace more efficiently, but if it looks too bad it may need some adjustments from Moho. Similar to the situation with jagged lines that is already reported and confirmed and I think will be improved in a patch soon. You can read about it and find a workarround here : viewtopic.php?p=213562&hilit=jagged#p213562

However, I can't reproduce your problem here. Can you share a moho file or a screenshot to try to reproduce that?
No2Nuclear

Post by No2Nuclear »

Daxel wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm guess it's an optimization technique to display the workspace more efficiently, but if it looks too bad it may need some adjustments from Moho. Similar to the situation with jagged lines that is already reported and confirmed and I think will be improved in a patch soon. You can read about it and find a workarround here : viewtopic.php?p=213562&hilit=jagged#p213562

However, I can't reproduce your problem here. Can you share a moho file or a screenshot to try to reproduce that?
thank you, how do I attach my file or a image here?

Nuke
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I was thinking the same thing as Daxel.

What happens when you disable the GPU Cache? Does that have an effect on the visibility, or any effect at all?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

No2Nuclear wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:59 pm ...how do I attach my file or a image here?
Most people upload to a file-sharing service and post a download link.

I like to use Dropbox for this. You can get the free Basic version here: DropBox Basic

If you use Dropbox, set the value at the end of the link to 1 for direct download from this forum. Otherwise, the link sends the user to your DropBox account for downloading.
No2Nuclear

Post by No2Nuclear »

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ejfvzqrp ... cz5my&dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l7iri57m ... ep70p&dl=1

this is an image of what i can see and the file itself.

I can't find the GPU options either so don't think debut has this.

Nuke
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm....I do not see the problem here either, in Pro or Debut. I can see this artwork clearly at any reasonable zoom level.

I'll take another look this evening to see if there are settings that might break this.

I'm wondering though, is your graphics card driver up to date? That's one of the first things I check when I see anything visually odd in newly installed software.

Re: GPU options for Debut, I think you're correct, Debut might not have the options for it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

FWIW - loads and displays fine here -- debut and pro 14
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

looks fine here too.
On top of the other questions, what OS are you on? Windows?
What GPU do you have?
No2Nuclear

Post by No2Nuclear »

I'm on Windows 10 22H2, and on my laptop, 10GB RAM, AMD A10-5745M with AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics.

When zooming out, the layers seem to be turning off one at a time.
At the default view it only shows the ship's body. If I zoom in a little, the glass appears, then the glass's outline, then the yellow flame, with each layer of the flame appearing as I zoom in further, until the final red layer appears.

Could it be due to the laptop not being very powerful?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

No2Nuclear wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:41 pm I'm on Windows 10 22H2, and on my laptop, 10GB RAM, AMD A10-5745M with AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics.

When zooming out, the layers seem to be turning off one at a time.
At the default view it only shows the ship's body. If I zoom in a little, the glass appears, then the glass's outline, then the yellow flame, with each layer of the flame appearing as I zoom in further, until the final red layer appears.

Could it be due to the laptop not being very powerful?
It is not powerful but I have seen Moho running on less poweful Pc's. I would be more worried about its GPU driver support because it has a 10 years old integrated GPU. Officially, it's supposed to support OpenGL4.1 so the first thing I would try would be to go to AMD's website and look for the latest drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 8610G.

Here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd- ... n-hd-8610g

Notice how the latest version is in beta since 2016. That's what I mean when I say I would be worried about its driver support. I would try the 2015 version and if that doesn't work, then the beta one.