Moho 14 Bugs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

janitor

Re: Moho 14 Bugs

Post by janitor »

Definitely some problems with Moho Pro 14. Currently running on Mac OS Ventura on M1. As stated above, version 14 has problems with prior versions. My 13.5.5 files cause Moho Pro 14 to crash when trying to edit individual vector layers. Lots of layers and color nodes. Also, the Frame by Frame option is not working. The layer menu properly shows the Frame by Frame layer with drop down. However, when clicking the drop down arrow the layer is locked. Clicking the New Frame button will not add child vector layers.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

There have been some reported issues with large numbers of color nodes - particularly when combined with masking. Workaround suggestions are turning off Shape Effects may help performance.

The FBF layers down arrow does not work intentionally. The idea is to hide the 'unnecessary complexity' of FBF layers. The new vector layers are created - you just can't see them. If you really want/need to see them, you can open Layer properties and on the Switch tab, uncheck: ✅ Frame-by-frame drawing, then [OK/Apply].
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

janitor wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:30 am Also, the Frame by Frame option is not working. The layer menu properly shows the Frame by Frame layer with drop down. However, when clicking the drop down arrow the layer is locked. Clicking the New Frame button will not add child vector layers.
That's not a bug, it's just how FBF layers work now. A decision was made to limit Moho's FBF layer to only FBF-related features because it was felt that allowing users to open the FBF folder might be confusing to some users. In that case, I think the toggle button needs to be removed because it suggests that I should be able to open the folder, and that's confusing. :D

Personally, I wish this was left alone because being able to mix point animation within an FBF animation was a useful feature to me. Now I have to convert the FBF to a Switch Layer to add the point animation which, to me anyway, makes the process more complicated.

Anyway, clicking the New Frame button does work. The frames appear in the Timeline as before, but you can't view them in the Layer window now unless you convert the FBF to a Switch Layer. To do this, you need to...

1. open the Layer Settings
2. click on the Switch tab
3. disable Frame-By-Frame Drawing
4. click Apply or Ok

To me, that's too many steps. Hopefully, an R-Click option to convert FBF to Switch will be added in a future release.

I also hope we get an option to bring back the old behavior unless there's a major technical reason for removing it. Saying some users found the feature confusing, even when some found it useful, isn't a great reason IMO. :)
janitor

Post by janitor »

Hi Greenlaw,
Yes, Frame by Frame does work as stated. Also demonstrated by Victor Paredes' tutorial video. Probably frustrated by all the crashing when trying to edit 13.5.5 files that I didn't think to watch/listen to the presentation too closely. I will note a very minor problem with the shortcut key for adding frames. The "F5" key does not work in the Mac environment. I resolved it by assigning a different key for the function.

I observe that files created in Moho Pro 14 have a reddish tint to the thumbnails as opposed to the original color palette of the file. Previewing animation also produces this reddish tint which I don't think is normal. If it is (to conserve memory) it would be a difficulty working on sections of animation for timing and scene flow.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

janitor wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:00 pm I observe that files created in Moho Pro 14 have a reddish tint to the thumbnails as opposed to the original color palette of the file. Previewing animation also produces this reddish tint which I don't think is normal.
That's a new one to me, as I've never seen that happening here. I would submit examples to the developers and get their opinion. Be sure to include hardware and system info.