Transform-'constraint' to move a layer to the location of a bone inside another layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mmmaarten

Transform-'constraint' to move a layer to the location of a bone inside another layer?

Post by mmmaarten »

Hi again,

Hope I'm not asking too much. I'm learning Moho Pro hard full time right now (love it!) and challenge myself for that with a personal project I'm currently doing.

For this project I have a seperate layer group (with masking, sublayers, path animations with deforms etc.) which I'd like to move by tracking the location of a bone inside a bone layer elsewhere.

In Blender or Spine I would do this with a (transform) constraint. Of course I did quite some searching on this, but so far without any luck. It seems like the meaning of 'constraint' is slightly different in Moho than it is in Blender and Spine.

Is there anything similar in Moho that could do such a binding?

Thanks!
Adults should play more often
mmmaarten

Re: Transform-'constraint' to move a layer to the location of a bone inside another layer?

Post by mmmaarten »

Just a bump because I'm still wondering :)
SimplSam

Re: Transform-'constraint' to move a layer to the location of a bone inside another layer?

Post by SimplSam »

There is the Track Bone add-on tool which may help: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_track_bone

It has a Bone-to-Bone relationship, so would mean you would need to first associate a Bone layer / Bone with your maneuvered layer.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:14 am There is the Track Bone add-on tool which may help
Cool! Going to try it out. I'm sure it works great, as these Mr scripts I really enjoy so far!

Thanks for sharing!
teienkawi

Post by teienkawi »

i found if we make a real small path bind it to the bone you want the group to track then use the folow path tool so the group layer is following that path. you can control things out side the bone layer with bones this way
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

teienkawi wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:40 am i found if we make a real small path bind it to the bone you want the group to track then use the folow path tool so the group layer is following that path. you can control things out side the bone layer with bones this way
That's clever!