How do you create a seamless loop when using delayed constraints?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nabil

How do you create a seamless loop when using delayed constraints?

Post by nabil »

The delayed constraints script is so useful, but there's a major problem with it or at least for me, i can't get it to loop, i can't even find the same pose to match it with the end frame when using it. it's been 2 days of trial and error and from what i found out is that either im using it wrongly or there's no way around it.
TLDR: How do you create a seamless loop when using delayed constraints? And im not talking about setting the last frames as "Cycle" this indeed creates a loop but when the animation ends even when exactly at a frame where it should loop back, it doesn't
synthsin75

Re: How do you create a seamless loop when using delayed constraints?

Post by synthsin75 »

You basically need to pre-roll your loop. But that depends on having all the constraint delays involved being equally divisible into the loop length.
By pre-roll I mean to hide the loop until all of its elements have started moving, whether that's by starting the animation on a later frame, pushing it behind frame zero in the sequencer, or just making it invisible until then.

I'd need to see a file, with an example of the kind of loop desired, to demonstrate.
nabil

Re: How do you create a seamless loop when using delayed constraints?

Post by nabil »

Thank you for your response. I found the work around inspired by your instructions, i have to create two cycles, one after the other and use the second cycle and set it to loop back one frame after the end of the first one. and then push back the animation sequence (green mark) way behind.