create new bones with 0 strength option

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SimplSam

Re: create new bones with 0 strength option

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:54 am Wow, I just tested it, and you can add anything after the LM stock script name and it still replaces the stock tool.
This will help a lot with identifying replacement tools by name.
OK might not be so great - as there is a duplicate tool created in 'Other'. I guess what its really doing is overriding all the variables and functions of the stock tool.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:40 pm Adding this at line 234 works for me:
bone.fStrength = 0

All new bones now have zero strength.
OK! --yep -- dunno what I did wrong but I stand corrected!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:16 am
synthsin75 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:54 am Wow, I just tested it, and you can add anything after the LM stock script name and it still replaces the stock tool.
This will help a lot with identifying replacement tools by name.
OK might not be so great - as there is a duplicate tool created in 'Other'. I guess what its really doing is overriding all the variables and functions of the stock tool.
Oh, you're right. I didn't notice that. So it is replacing the stock tool tables, but still registers as a different tool too.
Too bad, I was hoping it'd be a good way to easily tell where a replacement tool came from.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

SimplSam wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:48 pm Please find below a quick-edit version of the tool (lm_add_bone+) with suggested 2 additions. The script (when installed in custom tool folder) will replace the built-in tool.

Default strength value will be saved between sessions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m_TbVZ ... sp=sharing
Somehow, I missed Sam's Add Bone script mod in this thread. Thanks for creating this, Sam! Works perfectly in Moho 14.

Also, thanks to Daxel for pointing me to the script. :D