Moho 14 bug / immune to camera not working (solved)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

opeth

Moho 14 bug / immune to camera not working (solved)

Post by opeth »

Moho 14 immune to camera not working
Last edited by opeth on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moho 13 / 13.5 MacBook Pro 16'2 M1 Max 32gb.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 14 bug / immune to camera not working

Post by Greenlaw »

Immune To Camera is working here, at least in the quick test I set up. I tested this with a vector layer with a shape drawn in it and also tested this with Group layer containing the vector layer. Immune To Camera worked correctly in both of these examples.

Be sure to click Apply for this option to take effect. The Immune To Camera effect should be immediate when you click Apply. (Update: I re-checked this, and Immune To Camera should be immediately in effect when you check the option...clicking Apply isn't necessary.)

Moho should accept any Layer Settings options when you click OK, but I always click Apply to be sure. (This step used to be required.)

If Immune To Camera is still not working for you, can you post an example project to demonstrate? Also, which platform are you using? Lost Marble will need as much info as you can give them to fix the problem.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Don't forget that Immune to camera only works on layers in the top of the hierarchy, not on anything inside another layer.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

@slowtiger, oh, that's very interesting! I don't think I was aware of this because I typically apply Immune To Camera to the top Group layer of any item.

I see now that the option is grayed out for nested items. (Using the same test project described above.)

@opeth, is this what you mean?
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:55 pm @slowtiger, oh, that's very interesting! I don't think I was aware of this because I typically apply Immune To Camera to the top Group layer of any item.

I see now that the option is grayed out for nested items. (Using the same test project described above.)

@opeth, is this what you mean?
If you open an external .jpeg file and want to center it exactly on the screen, immune to camera does not work. Actually that's what I meant for. 13.5 works fine too

Would you mind giving it a try?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm...it's working here. I placed a small jpeg in a project, moved the camera, and the image panned as expected. Then I enabled Immue To Camera for the image layer, and the image snapped back to the center. Camera movements had no effect on the image until I disabled the option.

Which platform are you on? I'm on Windows, and can't test for Mac here.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, I'm also finding that I do have to click Apply when I'm testing the option while the Settings window is open. Otherwise, the option will reset. (I'm guessing this is why I always click Apply out of habit.)
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 pm BTW, I'm also finding that I do have to click Apply when I'm testing the option while the Settings window is open. Otherwise, the option will reset. (I'm guessing this is why I always click Apply out of habit.)
I'm so sorry, :( immunute to camera was working. I haven't used it for a long time, I confused how to use it.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 14 bug / immune to camera not working (solved)

Post by Greenlaw »

No problem! Glad we solved it! :D