Shader effect in Moho Pro 14

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TomoloGames

Shader effect in Moho Pro 14

Post by TomoloGames »

Hey folks,

I recently went from Debut 13 to Pro 14. When I applied an effect, like Shader for example, I could see the results in real time. If I changed the angle then I could see what it would look like immediately but in Pro 14 I have to click on another layer before I can see the effect. This isn't the case for all effects but for some, like the Shader effect for example. Is there any settings I have to change?

Thanks in advance,
Tommy
SuperSGL

Re: Shader effect in Moho Pro 14

Post by SuperSGL »

I get the same and posted it. It is a bug. probably get fixed in next update
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
TomoloGames

Post by TomoloGames »

SuperSGL wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:02 pm I get the same and posted it. It is a bug. probably get fixed in next update
Thank you for letting me know. I can't wait for the fix because it's driving me crazy.

Edit: How long ago did you post it? I'm curious to know how long it takes them to fix bugs.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

This has been reported. Hopefully it gets addressed in the next update.
rayamc

Post by rayamc »

This makes moho 14 unusable! This should be patched asap by Moho. I have been using 14 and reported a few other bugs but I wasn't using shading till today!

I will have to downgrade for now
TomoloGames

Post by TomoloGames »

rayamc wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:24 pm This makes moho 14 unusable! This should be patched asap by Moho. I have been using 14 and reported a few other bugs but I wasn't using shading till today!

I will have to downgrade for now
I totally agree, I can't see myself using 14 until they fix all the bugs.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I was curious about which Style Effects were rendered onscreen in v14 compared to v13.5.5 and it looks like it's just the Shaded Effect that is not displaying onscreen when it used to.
Several other Effects are now displaying which is great! All render correctly as expected though.

EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
rayamc

Post by rayamc »

It's not a bug. The effect has been removed! Which is mad as it's still there in the effects menu!!

I contacted support and it renders only for compatibility. How crazy confusing is that!

I myself use the effect all the time. It's almost a deal breaker for me using 14. Now I have to juggle 13.5 and 14. I know it has it's issues but I also use Moho for illustration and the shaded effect was great.

Really hope this is brought back soon or removed from the effect menu to avoid confusion.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

If they say they are going to remove/neuter Crayon and Splotchy - then I don't think we would be crying.

However - Shaded/Shading is a fundamental effect - just like the Shadow effect, along with Halo (or Glow).
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I totally agree, removing the shaded effect would be a huge problem for me, 90% of my scenes use it somewhere and I don't plan on stopping using it.

I just can't fully believe that's the plan until I read something official because it doesn't make much sense to remove something so basic and used that is actually working fine, just not displaying on the workspace. Even if that is not fixable, it's still way better to have it at least on render. My optimistic guess is that they may be trying to say they are not going to fix this shaded effect so they are keeping it for compatibility so we can still have a shaded effect while they finish working on the new shaded effect that will come in a .x version.

At this point I would really appreciate if someone from Moho could chime in to clarify this because I think most of us are going to be worried and confused about this news.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

At worst I see it moved to Legacy effect like spots & splotchy and if there still around... don't think we have to worry about shading. :?
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Spots and splotchy were actually removed from the menu for a while, but still existed. So scripts could still access them, even if they weren't in the UI.