Having the same problem as before with 14

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dws4121

Having the same problem as before with 14

Post by dws4121 »

Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe it's something wrong with my computer?

I've made a post before about an issue where my computer crapped out on me before, I rebuilt it from the ground up and after, Moho 13.5 wouldn't work. It would not accept my license, it wouldn't even let me start up the pro demo, even though it would start the Debut demo.

I just downloaded Moho 14 to try the demo and I'm still having that issue. I press the "Start Pro Demo" button and the same dialogue box kicks back asking if I want to start the Pro Demo, Debut Demo or if I want to buy it. I have an older Windows 10 laptop I'm fairly sure I can use it on ( since I'm still using 13.5 on it for now ) , but if I have to upgrade that, I'm concerned that I won't be able to use Moho 13 or 14 on a Windows 11 machine. Is there something in Moho's installation that I should tweak before starting it up? Is there a setting in Windows 11 that may be causing my roadblock? I'm lost at this point...
Greenlaw

Re: Having the same problem as before with 14

Post by Greenlaw »

You can try a clean install. After uninstalling the program, delete any leftovers, like the stuff in C:\Users\[your account]\AppData\Roaming\Lost Marble\Moho Pro\14. It's possible that a file here is corrupted. Note: this folder is hidden by default, so you will need to enable Show Hidden Folders.

Once everything is cleaned out, reboot your computer and then run the Moho 14 installer. If it warns you about not having any activations remaining, you'll need to reset this from the Lost Marble website's support page.

If you're concerned about the above, be sure to back up your computer first or wait until Lost Marble reaches out to you. (Assuming you submitted a support ticket.)

Good luck!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I would try what Greenlaw recommended. I had a problem with a license many years ago and I didn't solve it until I used a deep uninstaller. It searches in the computer for any trace even the registry and things like that. I don't remember the name of this program but it was free or a trial.
dws4121

Post by dws4121 »

I'll give it all a shot again. Thanks.
dws4121

Post by dws4121 »

Sorry for the double post, but there is a little update.

I tried delving into the deep underbelly of my computer files, as someone above suggested, to delete all the hidden files associated with Moho to try another installation of the program. I noticed that in the AppData file in my WIndows 10 computer, there are files installed in the Moho folder for Debut and Pro, but in my Windows 11 computer, there's only one for Debut. Another thing I noticed was there was a Lost Marble subdirectory in my ProgramData folder in Windows 10 that wasn't there at all in Windows 11.

I copied the two folders from my Windows 10 computer over to my Windows 11 computer and managed to get the Moho 14 Pro demo working one time. Once I did, I restarted the program in order to enter my license #, but since then, every time I start Moho, I get a "fatal error" message and the program shuts down.

In other words, managed to get by one roadblock, just to face another one.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Have you tried a deep uninstaller?
Something like this: https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php