Camera not working correctly

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kgeetvcartoons

Camera not working correctly

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

I don't know if it's me or is everyone facing camera issues with this newest release. I can't zoom past a certain point which is almost a medium shot and moving it left and right is almost impossible. It's jumps when you try.
Also there is something seriously wrong with "project settings" when you try to adjust the depth of field for your characters. An update needs to address this if it isn't a "me" problem...Any suggestions?
Daxel

Re: Camera not working correctly

Post by Daxel »

I just tested it and I can only experience something similar (a zoom limit and a little bit of jumping when paning the camera) at max zoom in, which I never reached before, but it's definitely not at a medium shot but more like a one pixel shot so it is working as intended here.

Have you tried with different files? what's your OS? What's the focal length you can get when you reach that zoom limit? mine is 5500.3862, and 0.2º of vertical something.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Can you post an example project of where these features are failing? For me, controlling the camera in Moho is behaving pretty much the way it always has, but I might not be looking at the same things you're seeing.

Some thoughts:

Are you trying to manipulate the camera from an orthographic view, like Top? This has always been weird in Moho, and I don't bother with it. When I need to animate 3D camera motions, I'll open a second view (usually in Orbit mode and sometimes Top) but continue to manipulate the camera from the main camera view and monitor the position in the second view. I have way more control over the camera position and orientation this way. Also, be sure to enable Show Path. It's not an ideal system, but I'm still able to choreograph fairly complex motions this way.

When I require a more sophisticated camera rig, I'll render out my layer passes using Layer Comps and Moho Exporter and animate my final camera motions in a 3D compositing or 3D animation program.

As for Zoom and DOF control, Zoom is working within a reasonable range for me. I can dial it down to 2.1mm and up to 5500mm, and I would probably never need to go anywhere close to these limits. DOF is also working, as demonstrated in the link posted in the other thread with the same question. (BTW, repeating the same question in multiple threads is unnecessary...most of us here read all the threads.)

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:42 pm Can you post an example project of where these features are failing? For me, controlling the camera in Moho is behaving pretty much the way it always has, but I might not be looking at the same things you're seeing.

Some thoughts:

Are you trying to manipulate the camera from an orthographic view, like Top? This has always been weird in Moho, and i don't bother with it. When I need to animate 3D camera motions, I'll open a second view (usually in Orbit mode and sometimes Top) but continue to manipulate the camera from the main camera view and monitor the position in the second view. I have way more control over the camera position and orientation this way. Also, be sure to enable Show Path. It's not an ideal system, but I'm still able to choreograph fairly complex motions this way.

When I require a more sophisticated camera rig, I'll render out my layer passes using Layer Comps and Moho Exporter and animate my final camera motions in a 3D compositing or 3D animation program.

As for Zoom and DOF control, Zoom is working within a reasonable range for me. I can dial it down to 2.1 mm and up to 5500 mm, and I would probably never need to go anywhere close to these limits. DOF is also working, as demonstrated in the link posted in the other thread with the same question. (BTW, repeating the same question in multiple threads is unnecessary...most of us here read all the threads.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback! :lol: