Four bugs in the new Moho 14 tools.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lychee

Four bugs in the new Moho 14 tools.

Post by Lychee »

Hi.

I would like to report four bugs which prevented me from enjoying the new tools of Moho 14.

First of all on Liquid Shapes, which when you cut a shape in two with a line, it will tend to create an unwanted triangle from the moment you activate the add shape option above of a normal form.

Image Image

In addition, the program will recreate all the lines that we have previously hidden as soon as we add a shape.

Image Image

Then the Curver tool.
I'm not a fan of the bezier tool to curve my shapes (because I can't put precise numerical coordinates on the settings that define my curve), so I use the classic curvature tool.
The problem is that this tool does not work on the Curver from the moment you are on the timeline.

The last bug I encountered is a graphic bug.
I wanted to get around one of the problems described above by using a classic patch on my test file, but it tends to disappear from time to time.
Even if it doesn't affect my animation during rendering, it's still quite frustrating.

file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DlteQA ... drive_link
synthsin75

Re: Four bugs in the new Moho 14 tools.

Post by synthsin75 »

Lychee wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:44 am Hi.

I would like to report four bugs which prevented me from enjoying the new tools of Moho 14.

First of all on Liquid Shapes, which when you cut a shape in two with a line, it will tend to create an unwanted triangle from the moment you activate the add shape option above of a normal form.

Image Image
This is a problem with how the vector curves are constructed. It seems that liquid shapes are considered as being made of a contiguous vector curve (segments made in order). So the division line in your circle is being interpreted as a stroke line, instead of part of the half-circle shape.

For a four-point circle, it only works correctly for the half that the dividing line is connected to in order of creation. So if you draw the circle manually, working clockwise or counter-clockwise will determine which half works correctly.

You can fix this by enabling locked beziers, adding points on the lower half circle very close to the center line, alt+deleting those small connections, recreating the top half-circle shape, welding the lower back to it, and recreating the lower half-circle shape. Or, if feasible, just vertically flip the shape and recolor the two half-circles.

I've reported this issue.
In addition, the program will recreate all the lines that we have previously hidden as soon as we add a shape.

Image Image
That is because liquid shapes are created on-the-fly. They also do not retain brushes.
To do either, you have to merge the shapes and lose the active liquid blending.
Then the Curver tool.
I'm not a fan of the bezier tool to curve my shapes (because I can't put precise numerical coordinates on the settings that define my curve), so I use the classic curvature tool.
The problem is that this tool does not work on the Curver from the moment you are on the timeline.
That seems to only be a limitation for a "compressible curver." If you make it a regular curver, in the vector layer settings, you can animate the point curvature.
May be a technical limitation on how curvers work.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Pretty much as Wes said - this did work OK for me when the top half is lowest in order, and the big circle is highest, and big circle merges with the bottom half.

In the image below, the half/half circle has then been flipped vertically.

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

My example above was there just to illustrate the problem.
Thank's, but I admit that I did not understand your explanations, certainly due to the fact that I am not very comfortable with English, and that the translators do not always do their job well.
Still, it's a bug for me and I'm not enthusiastic about having to do "gymnastics" to achieve what I want.
I hope that the developers will look into this in the near future, so I will finally appreciate Moho 14 for what it is worth.