Frame by frame bug

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jmmk

Frame by frame bug

Post by Jmmk »

When you select frame by frame layer the tools panal get expanded so if you use 1440 aspect ratio and it automatically shows all tools but when it shows all tools the timeline get down and when you want to bring it up you cant because of tools panal so it crashes the software .
and the other thing i notice that you cant see all layer i mean expand it and see it all will they make it like a switch layer so you can change and see but what if i want in any frame fade in the frame how iam gona do it ? In previous versions you can do this by open frame by frame layers and see all layer and fade in or out any layer but in this version you cant do this why ?
synthsin75

Re: Frame by frame bug

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, the timeline and tools window have always conflicted. That happens any time more tools are available to use. The only option is to undock one of the windows.

Frame by frame layers use to allow editing sublayers. Personally, I think they should have had the option to lock the FBF sublayers instead of making them uneditable. The only workaround is to convert it to a switch layer (in the layer settings), make your changes to the sublayers, and convert it back to a FBF layer to get the FBF tools back.
Jmmk

Post by Jmmk »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:33 am Yeah, the timeline and tools window have always conflicted. That happens any time more tools are available to use. The only option is to undock one of the windows.

Frame by frame layers use to allow editing sublayers. Personally, I think they should have had the option to lock the FBF sublayers instead of making them uneditable. The only workaround is to convert it to a switch layer (in the layer settings), make your changes to the sublayers, and convert it back to a FBF layer to get the FBF tools back.
Well but if there is and option to scroll it rather than to undock it it will be better .

Well thanks for this information i dont know if you cant convert it and bring it back
But the frame by frame is faster for interning something and to convert it i dont know if it will slow the process but thank you for your response
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

FWIW, I always keep my Tools window undocked. This way, I can move it closer to the area where I'm drawing, which is helpful when I'm drawing with a mouse on a large display.

I also keep the Styles window undocked to maximize the vertical space I have for the Layers window. Then, I keep the Styles window hidden unless I'm actively using it. The Styles window is unnecessary any other time and just takes up screen space.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I opened an old file of a bon fire. I used vector point animation within fbf, I can't click in the Layers panel to open it but if I right click on the fbf all the layers show up and I can select one and edit the vector. Not sure if that's what your talking about, but there was no need to change it to a switch.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Also just checked you can scroll through the time line and with the fbf layer selected stop on a frame you want to edit and everything is there (all the tools). To me this is even easier.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

SuperSGL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:14 am Also just checked you can scroll through the time line and with the fbf layer selected stop on a frame you want to edit and everything is there (all the tools). To me this is even easier.
I think Jmmk was talking about scrolling the tools panel vertically - if there isn't enough space for all the docked panels on a smaller screen.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam