Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

worldbanger10

Is moho 14 3D?

Post by worldbanger10 »

Or stil 2d with all that rigging stuff
Greenlaw

Re: Is moho 14 3D?

Post by Greenlaw »

Moho is 2D in a 3D environment, and it has tools that make it easy to make 2D art look 3D. For example, there are some sequences in Fast & Furious: Spy Racers where I used Moho to animate still images renderered from Maya to look like 3D animations.

Moho does have limited support for importing 3D objects, but not really. IMO, if you need 3D animation, it's better to use a dedicated 3D animation program. I mainly use Blender these days for personal 3D work, and it's great!
worldbanger10

Post by worldbanger10 »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:55 pm Moho is 2D in a 3D environment, and it has tools that make it easy to make 2D art look 3D. For example, there are some sequences in Fast & Furious: Spy Racers where I used Moho to animate still images renderered from Maya to look like 3D animations.

Moho does have limited support for importing 3D objects, but not really. IMO, if you need 3D animation, it's better to use a dedicated 3D animation program. I mainly use Blender these days for personal 3D work, and it's great!
What is IMO
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

worldbanger10 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:33 pm What is IMO
In My Opinion.

see also: https://justenglish.me/2014/07/18/lol-o ... eviations/
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

Moho was going to use "The future is 2D with all that rigging stuff!" as the new slogan, but they shortened it. : )
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I should have mentioned that I often combine my Moho renders with renders from 3D animation programs. Moho's Layer Comps and Moho Exporter work well together to output render passes with a single button click.

After I have my Layer Comp passes from Moho Exporter, I will either import the renders into a 3D program and map them to cards or import the renders to a compositing program like After Effects, Fusion, or Nuke and merge them with my 3D footage there. Sometimes, I'll mix both techniques for a single shot!

Moho and the other animation/compositing programs I use are very flexible, so I can adapt to whatever a situation calls for.

Hope this helps.