Huion hs64 graphic tablet

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FireCash

Huion hs64 graphic tablet

Post by FireCash »

Hello friends

Does ( Huion hs64 ) graphic tablet work with Moho 13.5?
FireCash

Re: Huion hs64 graphic tablet

Post by FireCash »

Guys???
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

A quick search for 'Huion' will bring up a couple of topics related to their tablet systems. Several users have posted using Huion tablets, but most tablets, regardless of manufacturer, are going to have to go through a period of calibration, option tweaking, and general adaptation by the user.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
FireCash

Post by FireCash »

OK thanks

What about working with this tablet in Moho?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't have a Huion h64 but I have the Huion Kamvas 13 and I can comment on how it works compared to some other tablets I've used with Moho.

As a pointing device, the Kamvas works as well as any other tablet I've used. I'm not seeing the right-click problem that appeared with Wacom tablets and Moho 13.5 (this issue was recently fixed in Moho.)

For freehand drawing in Moho, the Kamvas is pretty awful: it skips and draws very 'blobby' shapes. The results look like a spastic morse code. The Wacom works much better for this in Moho. That said, there have been issues with freehand drawing in Moho in general, so I tend to avoid using it. Instead, I do all my vector drawing using the Add Points tool, which is fine with the stylus (and still quicker than using a mouse too!) Hopefully, the situation will change in a future release--I know the devs are always looking into improving the drawing tools.

For other programs, like Photoshop and Krita, the Kamvas has so far worked out great--almost as good as Wacom--so I use it to create bitmaps in these programs and import them to Moho.

I don't know how the above translates for the h64 but I imagine the results will be similar if the drivers are the same. Hope this info helps a little.

Update: I'll see if I can improve how the Kamvas 13 works with Moho 13.5.1...I only tried it once and gave up because I don't normally use Freehand in Moho anyway. Maybe I can adjust the pressure sensitivity for Moho to make it work better. Will let you know how that goes.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireCash

Post by FireCash »

OK thanks so much friends
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:52 pm I'll see if I can improve how the Kamvas 13 works with Moho 13.5.1...I only tried it once and gave up because I don't normally use Freehand in Moho anyway. Maybe I can adjust the pressure sensitivity for Moho to make it work better. Will let you know how that goes.[/i]
Well that didn't take long to test!

In the Huion tablet controls, I created a new profile specifically for Moho. Then I switched to the Digital Pen tab and set the pressure curve to ramp up so it looked like this...

The start of the curve is the critical bit...if it's set to linear or to curve the other way, the pen will behave poorly. When it's set to ramp up like in the above image, the pen stroke is much smoother in Moho.

I haven't tested the end curve much yet so that might possibly offer more improvement. Also, when there's an update for Moho in the future, I imagine I'll need to do this again...just something to remember.

Anyway, this changes my opinion about using this tablet for freehand drawing in Moho. It's definitely usable (as much as Wacom anyway) but you will still encounter the general issues with the Freehand tool that happen even with a Wacom tablet.

Again, I'm not sure how this translates to the h64 tablet but maybe it's similar if the drivers are the same?
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireCash

Post by FireCash »

OK thank you so much friends
macmonkey_1975

Post by macmonkey_1975 »

Hi there,
I have a Huion HS64. It's a great little tablet. I actually prefer it to the larger ones. It sits on my desk all the time just in case i have some emergency retouching and i can't be bothered to dust of my pen display (Huion Kamvas Pro 20).
Anyways yep it does play nicely with moho 13.5 and has good pressure sensitivity, although I do get some fish hooks at the ends of some lines.
I have attached a screengrab of some scribbles using the pencil tool and the blob brush

I hope that helps
Dave

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the info macmonkey! I'm actually new to using Huion so very interested in hearing other user experiences.

The Kamvas 13 is my first Huion tablet, and I have to confess this is a really nice tablet for its price. I have a larger Cintiq for my desktop computer, but I wanted a smaller tablet to use with my laptop, and lately I'm using the smaller setup more frequently. Along with the Kamvas 13's single cable option, this tablet is quite portable (short of using a tablet PC, I mean.) :)

The main issue I'm seeing is that I cannot color calibrate this tablet separately from the laptop display. For some reason, when the Kamvas is active, that's the only display my calibration device can see. Very annoying. Anybody have an idea about this? (Sorry for going OT with this question, just wondering if anybody here had an answer.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick FYI for anybody else running into this issue...
Greenlaw wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:50 pm The main issue I'm seeing is that I cannot color calibrate this tablet separately from the laptop display. For some reason, when the Kamvas is active, that's the only display my calibration device can see. Very annoying. Anybody have an idea about this? I didn't have this issue with XP Pen or Wacom.
Solved! I discovered a display option in my laptop's BIOS that switches between Integrated Graphics and Hybrid Graphics. According to the on-screen description, Integrated means the laptop can use the two graphics chipsets independently, which allows the laptop to run fully with nvidia graphics if desired. The downside with this option is that it uses more power and can shorten battery time. Hybrid means the laptop defaults to the lower powered Intel graphics until a given program needs the features found on the higher powered nvidia graphics; this configuration uses less power and can dramatically increase on battery time.

The BIOS option was set to Hybrid, and after I switched it to Integrated, my display calibration device was now able to see two separate displays. Since I rarely run on battery power and I really need fully calibrated screens, I'm going with this option. One issue I ran into after enabling Integrated mode was that it messed up the size of text and icons in some standard windows, but this problem corrected itself after a reboot.

Hope somebody finds this info helpful.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
macmonkey_1975

Post by macmonkey_1975 »

Hi There, was just logging in to say that I couldn't help on that one :) Glad to hear that you sorted it out.
Have a great day
Dave
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I don't have that tablet but I use a Huion Kamvas 22 Plus. It works very well. Sensitivity, precision, and everything. I totally recomend it.

However, I have some issues only with Moho, and more specifically only with the latest version, and that I hope that they will be fixed in upcoming updates. Sensitivity, precision and all those things keep working perfectly but for example Moho creates unintentional points at the beggining of a line with Freehand tool and I have problems with zooming using shift+right-click and also with rotating view when I do it with the pen.

You can read more about it in this post about the topic: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... moho+hates
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick follow up to what I wrote earlier: creating the Moho settings file in the Huion control panel does not link the curve setting to Moho; It appears the curve setting is global only. That's unfortunate because I don't want this curve setting for other programs I use, only in Moho.

I guess ideally Moho should have its own pen pressure curve settings in Preferences, like many paint and drawing programs have.
songhua

Post by songhua »

I use a simple Huion H610 Pro V2 screenless tablet with Moho. It works fine but I would recommend a Huion Kamvs if you are looking for something more professional!