Why Do We Think The Number 13 Is Unlucky?

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FrankHardon

Why Do We Think The Number 13 Is Unlucky?

Post by FrankHardon »

Good afternoon.

Just sharing my latest animation. Part of my Hard Evidence collection where I look into superstitions around various myths and mythologies.

Like all of my work it is tongue-in-cheek.

Feel free to ask questions or comment.

Thanks for watching!

Frank
SimplSam

Re: Why Do We Think The Number 13 Is Unlucky?

Post by SimplSam »

This creative and entertaining, and beats a lot of the other docu-crap that I watch. Well done.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

Nice! this one is fun! Very entertaining and love the book titles in the background :D

(BTW another reason to not believe in 13 as bringing bad luck (at least for the days); in some countries (like The Netherlands) the unlucky day is friday (the 13th), in others (like Spain) they think it's wednesdays the 13th day of the month)
Adults should play more often
FrankHardon

Post by FrankHardon »

SimplSam wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:04 pm This creative and entertaining, and beats a lot of the other docu-crap that I watch. Well done.
Thank you. And thank you for the word 'Docu-crap'. I like it and have added it to my dictionary.
FrankHardon

Post by FrankHardon »

mmmaarten wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:26 pm Nice! this one is fun! Very entertaining and love the book titles in the background :D

(BTW another reason to not believe in 13 as bringing bad luck (at least for the days); in some countries (like The Netherlands) the unlucky day is friday (the 13th), in others (like Spain) they think it's wednesdays the 13th day of the month)
Thank you. Yes I noticed the regional variations when researching this. Lots of places have their own superstitions or their own reasons for the unluckyness of 13. Upsetting the symmetry of 12 seems quite universal though.

I actually noticed afterwards that the original post was my 13th to Lost Marble. That wasn't planned - just a spooky coincidence! :shock: