Moho Discord channel?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Moho Discord channel?

Post by chucky »

3deeguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:34 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:51 pm There was one started here: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 39#p197239
I followed the link and discovered I've been registered since September 25, 2022. Wow. I remember trying to register but I had no clue I actually was.
I'm pretty happy with the MOHO forum. There are a ton of professional animators here, I'm always inspired by their work and I don't need a lot of feedback the way I used to.
Well, that's excellent, this isn't a mutiny, just adding something people asked for.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

3deeguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:34 pm Well, that's excellent, this isn't a mutiny, just adding something people asked for.
That's 'your' Discord channel? Your work has always amazed me! I do remember asking you about Discord, I guess a couple of years ago. My PC at the time did not meet the requirements so I gave up trying to register. I got another PC which was able to register but by that time I forgot 'why' I wanted to register in the first place so I completely forgot about it. I was one of those people that asked for it!
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Chucky,

I tried to drop in last night but was denied...something about the invitation being expired. I'm guessing I probably applied a while back and then forgot to follow up.

Will try again later.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Chucky's Discord is a godsend for people like me who aren't into Mid 2000's style forums but there's no reason why they can't co-exist ;)
chucky

Post by chucky »

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 pm Hi Chucky,

I tried to drop in last night but was denied...something about the invitation being expired. I'm guessing I probably applied a while back and then forgot to follow up.

Will try again later.
Really? That's no good, I need more subs to and or boosts get the server to go public. I'm sure it was a permanent link. Here's a new one. https://discord.gg/d8zwJSR8v7
I hope this works, I changed a setting... I'm no expert in this stuff at all sorry :oops:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks Chucky!

I almost got there but not quite. I probably messed something up on my end. For some reason, Discord thinks I want to create a new account with my name, and it isn't associating it with my existing Discord account.

I'll come back to this later to figure this out...it's getting late here.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yay, I got it working properly! I had to use the Add Server command in the app to avoid creating a new account. (I suppose it would have been quicker to ask my kid about it.) 😸
chucky

Post by chucky »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:44 pm Yay, I got it working properly! I had to use the Add Server command in the app to avoid creating a new account. (I suppose it would have been quicker to ask my kid about it.) 😸
Yaaay, I guess one of the topics for today is the clips studio 2 release.
We have sections for different apps, as people often combine them (obviously) on projects.
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

chucky wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:42 am Here's a new one. https://discord.gg/d8zwJSR8v7
Cool! I've been searching for Moho on discord but couldn't find any. Great to know there is a channel for it now! Very nice to see, thanks for doing this! Just joined! :D
Adults should play more often
ok_pepo

Post by ok_pepo »

chucky wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:03 am but sharing images, screencaps and WIP is so immediate and if things get complicated... then you can go live.
I'm not much of an expert at using it but I think it has a lot of potential.
It's a good initiative and a great idea. But for a forum like this, wouldn't something like Telegram be better? I think the interface is much more pleasant, you can create forums within groups, and with more active users and simpler functionality, I believe it would be accessible to a wider audience. Also I think that free users are a lot of limitated on Discord.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Not sure telegram was a thing when this discussion started but sure, do your thing.
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

For people who said the ToonFeed Link that Chucky and I had expired here is a new link to that Discord.
If you need any help reach out to me David McInnis or Choolz (Chucky) in the discord.

https://discord.gg/MfXenUQuqs
~ David McInnis