Changing Resolution for Multiple Files

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Yosemite Sam

Changing Resolution for Multiple Files

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Hey, just checking to see if anyone out there knows of a script that will allow you to change the resolution of multiple files.

I render/preview often. I also work with multiple files at once. I set everything to 720p for a quick render, but I export animations at 4k. It can be a real pain to change 15-20 files resolution over and over.

Also, when doing batch renders it would be nice to change/set the resolution output there as well.

Looking for a way to change things globally.

Thanks!

Jimmy
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Greenlaw

Re: Changing Resolution for Multiple Files

Post by Greenlaw »

This won't help at this stage but I always set my initial 'template' project to the final output size. This way, the output defaults to that size when I render, and I use the half-res setting in Moho Exporter for quick low-res tests.

Without a custom script, I guess you might try setting up an empty project file at the resolution you want and then import the lower res project into that. I think Moho will make the adjustment correctly so long as the aspect ratio is the same. Ok, now I need to try that myself...BRB.

Yup that works. I first created a quick scene inside a 720p Moho project and saved that. Then I created an empty 1080p project and imported the first project into that. Now I have a 1080p version of the same project...in other words, there was no need to change the project settings or scale up layers to get a 1080p version of the animation, it just worked.

So to do this as an easily repeatable process in Moho, save the empty higher-res project as a template. Now you will be able open it directly and simply import each project you want to upres. When you save, it will save a new file and not overwrite your template. You can't batch this process (unless you use a macro program) but it should still save you a nice chunk of time and effort.

Hope this helps.
SimplSam

Re: Changing Resolution for Multiple Files

Post by SimplSam »

Yosemite Sam wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:34 am Hey, just checking to see if anyone out there knows of a script that will allow you to change the resolution of multiple files.
I render/preview often. I also work with multiple files at once. I set everything to 720p for a quick render, but I export animations at 4k. It can be a real pain to change 15-20 files resolution over and over. ...
I too wish there was a resolution option in all the export processors. I tend to work at 1080 and render upscaled, but sometimes work at 720 if the file is heavy and Ctrl-R previews are slow.

Could you expand a bit more on your workflow? i.e.
- Do you edit/prep/preview all the project files and then have a 'final-render-day' - where they get rendered on mass?
- Do you load all the files into Moho and then batch final render?
- Do you load all the files into Moho batch exporter (manually or by recalling a profile)?
- Or are the export performed individually / sequentially?
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam