Animated Counter

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Animated Counter

Post by DK »

Hi all.
We are currently doing animation for a documentary series and need to show some numbers on screen climbing in value over a few seconds.
Does anyone recall a script for an animated counter before I attempt to make one from a switch layer?

(I made sure to search the forum and Moho Scripts before posting but no luck)

Cheers
D.K
alanthebox

Re: Animated Counter

Post by alanthebox »

DK wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:44 am Hi all.
We are currently doing animation for a documentary series and need to show some numbers on screen climbing in value over a few seconds.
Does anyone recall a script for an animated counter before I attempt to make one from a switch layer?

(I made sure to search the forum and Moho Scripts before posting but no luck)

Cheers
D.K
do the numbers needs to increase in numerical order? there's a built in script that does that (under script/text/number sequence), although it doesn't have much in the way of custom controls (ex: starting number, increment value, etc).
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks alanthebox! I'll go have a look now!
Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Just checked it out and it's very basic but usable...I do wish there was start number and end number check boxes.
Huge thanks for pointing that out alanthebox. The other option was Hayasidist's Create Numbers script which is fantastic.

Cheers
D.K
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

When I needed an "event" counter I set up a switch layer in moho; changed the numbers every frame; exported that as a png sequence; imported individual frames (not frame sequence) into a compositor; then superimposed them over (in this case) a live action video (so I had flexibility over the precise timing and only needed to comp with static images rather that a video feed): e.g. https://youtu.be/eVAk-lYQBrM?t=188

(as an aside, I rendered them mid grey x808080, then overlaid colour and the transition "gleam" in the compositor)

If you want the moho and psd files let me know.
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks hayasidist for the offer. I'll check to see what font they are using and the exact data. From memory the storyboard said the stats were in the millions so it might be a custom job. I'll keep you posted on this thread when we get to that segment.
Cheers
D.K
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

I have posted an enhanced Number Sequence button tool at: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36173

Enhanced Features:
+ Specify Start and End of sequence
+ Starts from current frame
+ Specify Count and/or Frame Interval
+ Forward or Reverse numbers (Low-to-High, High-to-Low)
+ Option to Display leading zeros
+ Sequence is created in a Switch Layer
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
DK

Post by DK »

This is great SimpleSam! Another useful enhancement to Moho! It should be integrated into the next release.
Thank you so much.
Cheers
D.K
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is my layout template I use when working on anime projects and use Moho. :) I configured it so it counts up by frame and every 24 frames it adds a second to the counter. It breaks after 48 seconds but realistically you'll never want a single cut to last that long in the first place. :)

https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=823
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks for sharing this BigBoiiJones. Will take a look!
Cheers
D.K
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

BigBoiiiJones wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:07 am Not sure if this is what you're looking for but this is my layout template I use when working on anime projects and use Moho. :) I configured it so it counts up by frame and every 24 frames it adds a second to the counter. It breaks after 48 seconds but realistically you'll never want a single cut to last that long in the first place. :)

https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=823
I am fan of anime work in MOHO, can you please show me your anime works, I'd love to see them :D