Is there a combined mode for point transform and curvature edit?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3dioot

Is there a combined mode for point transform and curvature edit?

Post by 3dioot »

I recently acquired MoHo 12 through a humble bundle offer. Quite excited about it and I've been exploring it with the help of some online tutorials.

Something I ran into pretty quickly though is the weird split between dragging points around and actually being able to edit the bezier handles. This makes editing curves quite tedious because I'm forced to constantly switch between "Transform Points (T)" and "Curvature (C)". Even Adding a point has its own tool. In most other vector programs I've used all these functions (including deleting and adding of points) are available through one single tool which makes drawing in them a billion times faster. Am I just missing something here?

If this is not available in 12 is it perhaps available in 13? :)
3dioot

Re: Is there a combined mode for point transform and curvature edit?

Post by 3dioot »

For any other beginners who run into this; its very much possible. :D

When you are in the "Transform Points" tool you have some options at the top. Right at the very end there are four icons. The first one enables you to "show bezier handles". This simply means you can now do all the things from transforms points that you had to switch to the curvature tool for before.

The button right next to it is also very handy. Its called "Fixed bezier handles". For quite a while I was confused why it was greyed out but, for some reason, it only becomes avaible if you toggle on "show bezier handles". What it does is avoid your entire shape deforming when your just tweaking a single point. Without this turned on the bezier handles of the points adjacent to the one your editing will try to keep their orientation relative to your edits. This leads to some really whacky behavior. My advice is to turn this on (which is essentially turning off the weird behavior).

I attached and image with the buttons. Us beginners can use all the clarity we can get. ;)

egypturnash

Re: Is there a combined mode for point transform and curvature edit?

Post by egypturnash »

Ooh thank you, the separate transform/curvature tools have been driving me nuts.
old lady who might finally be recovering from having worked at Spumco at the turn of the century