Mouse-wheel button for panning option

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Mouse-wheel button for panning option

Post by Daxel »

As I learn to use more and more new programs, I often find myself trying to pan with the mouse-wheel button in Moho because it's the standard in every other program I use, not only animation but audio editing, ilustration, 3D, etc...

And because panning is something that we do all the time, I would appreciate an option to use the mouse wheel to pan. I think it should pan by default to reduce friction on new users, but I would be happy with just the option. The mouse wheel is not being used by moho anyway, it does the same as the left click, so it could just do the same as the right click instead to help people used to pan with it.
mmmaarten

Re: Mouse-wheel button for panning option

Post by mmmaarten »

+100
Same reason here; Using multiple (animation-)software programs here too I am looking for the exact same thing. If we could have a preference setting to switch the right click to a middle/wheel click for panning that would be very welcome!
Adults should play more often
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

There's a handy yet small application x-mouse button control.

It enables you to customize settings for any application and I found it amusing to have that same middle button pan in Photoshop. Setting it for PS is somewhat tricky so here's how to make it work smoothly: {SPACE}{WAITMS:10}{MADD:3,3}{WAITMS:10}{LMB}
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Maestral wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:21 am There's a handy yet small application x-mouse button control.

It enables you to customize settings for any application and I found it amusing to have that same middle button pan in Photoshop. Setting it for PS is somewhat tricky so here's how to make it work smoothly: {SPACE}{WAITMS:10}{MADD:3,3}{WAITMS:10}{LMB}
Thank you, I just tried it and it's working well. I added a profile for Moho with the middle mouse button set to be the same as the right click. I may try to bind the enter key to one of my extra mouse buttons too.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I was going to suggest Autohotkey for any Windows users, to swap middle-click for right-click, but X_Mouse sounds far simpler for this task.
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

Maestral wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:21 am There's a handy yet small application x-mouse button control.
Great idea, didn't even think of that. Just installed it and works great! Still hope Moho will be able do this natively later so we don't need yet another program, but for now great workaround and does the job very well! Love it! :D

Thanks!
Adults should play more often
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

You guys are most welcome!
Glad to hear this helped you as well.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I put the enter key on my extra mouse button and I'm going to love it.

So far I had the Moho legacy controls option checked to have the enter functionality on the spacebar because I hated having to move my left hand so much to press enter that often, but the spacebar sometimes plays the timeline when I don't want to so I always wanted an option to choose a different key for the enter or confirm action.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Daxel wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:58 pm So far I had the Moho legacy controls option checked to have the enter functionality on the spacebar because I hated having to move my left hand so much to press enter that often, but the spacebar sometimes plays the timeline when I don't want to so I always wanted an option to choose a different key for the enter or confirm action.
I prefer legacy keyboard controls too. If you're on a frame other than zero, you can hold spacebar for a few seconds, to use it without playing the timeline.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:49 pm

I prefer legacy keyboard controls too. If you're on a frame other than zero, you can hold spacebar for a few seconds, to use it without playing the timeline.
Thanks for the tip!