Live Text layer name length bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Live Text layer name length bug

Post by heyvern »

Weird one, not a deal breaker but a royal PITA.

Create a new "live" text layer and put a whole bunch of text in it.

The layer's name is pulled from the live text and can't be changed.
When you change the name of the layer it simply reverts back to the original text it contains.

The Big Issue:
With a whole pile of text in this layer it pushes the layer display properties triangle and layer color section way off the right of the palette where it can't be reached unless you expand the layer palette to full size. Those two options are always after the layer name.

This affects the ENTIRE LAYER PALETTE not just the one with a long name. If one layer has a very long name like this ALL layers lose access to the right-hand options.
So

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Live Text layer name length bug

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, Vern :)
You can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Layer/Objects and uncheck "Auto-size Name column". Then you will be able to define a fixed size for the Name column.
Now, if you have auto-size on, you can still drag the bar at the bottom of the Layers window to see the rest of the columns.
You can also manually change the order of the columns by dragging them.

Now, personally, I never use the Label and Quick settings columns:
- The color label can be also defined by right clicking over the eyes
- The Quick settings can be opened by right clicking the layer (it's an extra click though)

I hope this helps!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel