Remembering Project and Export Folder Locations

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Palhil

Remembering Project and Export Folder Locations

Post by Palhil »

This is just a little thing, but it would be handy if Moho remembered the last place you opened a project file and the last place you exported to as separate locations.

I usually don't export animation to the same folder where the project file is located. I have one hard drive for projects and another for image sequence exports. Let's call these Drive A and Drive B. At the moment, I open the project file from Drive A. When I go to export, the file browser is pointing to the project folder on Drive A. So I navigate to Drive B and make a new folder there for my image sequence. After exporting I decide to open another project but the file browser is now pointing to the folder on Drive B. I navigate back to Drive A, open the project and go through the whole process again, back and forth.

I realise that Moho has the drop-down list of previous export locations but this is only really useful if you are exporting the same files again.

Programs like After Effects remember the difference between the project location and the render location. Also, when it comes to image sequences, After Effects can also create a folder automatically if required, which would be a useful thing for Moho to do.

(I'm fully prepared for someone to tell me that Moho can do this already and I'm just doing it wrong. :D )
SimplSam

Re: Remembering Project and Export Folder Locations

Post by SimplSam »

Palhil wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:52 pm ... After Effects can also create a folder automatically if required, which would be a useful thing for Moho to do ...
Moho will auto create folders if you export PNGs with Ctrl-B: "Moho Exporter"

You can also use the Command Line exporter and configure (external) scripts around that. All my PNG exports are done via the command line. I only use Export Animation (Ctrl-E) for testing/demo.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Palhil

Re: Remembering Project and Export Folder Locations

Post by Palhil »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:17 pm Moho will auto create folders if you export PNGs with Ctrl-B: "Moho Exporter"

You can also use the Command Line exporter and configure (external) scripts around that. All my PNG exports are done via the command line. I only use Export Animation (Ctrl-E) for testing/demo.

Thanks for the tips. :)