any way to get rid of one bezier handle

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animas3D

any way to get rid of one bezier handle

Post by animas3D »

Hello there,

Say I have a bezier point and only one bezier handle that emanates from the point is needed. Is there a quick shortcut to remove the other bezier control point (besides eyeballing it by moving it back to be over the point?

Thanks!
hayasidist

Re: any way to get rid of one bezier handle

Post by hayasidist »

try setting the curvature of the point to peaked.
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

hayasidist wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:57 am try setting the curvature of the point to peaked.
Thank you, however wouldn't that get rid of both handles? I only want to get rid of one. In other words, I want a perfectly straight line to enter the point on one side (thus no bezier handle would be needed there) but have a curve come out on the other side) with a bezier handle.

In some other programs you can delete one of the two bezier handles if you don't need it.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

ah! sorry -- misunderstood your question.

select the one point you want to work on.
activate the curvature tool, click the "smooth" icon then the reset button (that might be overkill but it guarantees a good starting point for the rest of this).
click on the "peaked" icon
then alt-click on the segment you want curved and that should give you the Bezier handle for that segment.
with that now freed, you can forget the alt key and move that handle freely
(the other handle is still there, just zero length - you can move that should you so desire.)

(alt-click is to move one handle independently of the other -- once they're separated you can move either without alt-click, but they switch back to moving together when the handles line up)
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

Thank you!!! Works. :)