How to remove FO-Utilities script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arpadosso

How to remove FO-Utilities script

Post by arpadosso »

Hi, I Installed FO-Utilities script
https://mohoscripts.com/script/FO_Utilities

Unfortunately the script removed the first menu button from the tool bar. So I want to uninstall this script. I could not.

I removed Moho 13.5 from my computer (win 10) reinstall and nothing changed.

I have no idea what to do. Where can I find the installed script files?
After an unistall and reinstall , why do I see the same FO-Utilities tools?
Thank you for your help, I am very stressful now because I dont want extra tools in my Moho which are not working as I expected. Thanks.
arpadosso

Re: How to remove FO-Utilities script

Post by arpadosso »

I found the folder of Mohoscripts so I could remove it, but why do I have another Moho folder on another drive ?
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

arpadosso wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:50 pm I found the folder of Mohoscripts so I could remove it, but why do I have another Moho folder on another drive ?
There are 2 scripts installation locations - Application and Custom. Stuff you add should be in the Custom scripts folder. File > Open Custom Content Folder (or you can set it in Edit > Preferences > General > Custom Content Folder)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm guessing you're modifying the Program files instead of using the Custom Content Folder.

If so, you need to uninstall Moho, remove any files from the program folder that get left behind (i.e., third party scripts), and then install the scripts to the Custom Content Folder. Note: Before you remove Moho, be sure to deactivate your License Activation. You can reactivate after you re-install Moho. Reinstalling Moho will insure you have all the original program files back in place.

Installing custom scripts directly to the program folder is generally a bad idea because it will likely break Moho. When you install to the Custom Content folder, modifications can be applied non-destructively, so if something breaks you can simply remove the script.