Moho 14. And The Rise Of AI.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Moho 14. And The Rise Of AI.

Post by synthsin75 »

Just seems an odd way to introduce yourself.
Disagreement is not disrespect.

No one's telling you what you can and cannot post, so don't them them how they can and cannot respond. Fair?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I never said anyone needed to introduce themselves. Your first several posts on any forum are your de facto introduction. It gives regular members some idea of what kind of poster you're going to be. :roll: This just seemed an odd topic to start with. That's my opinion. Just like wanting AI in Moho is yours.
I'm just sick of all of the debate argument crap that I didn't ask for.
Too bad you don't get to determine how others post, just like they don't get to determine how you post. Again, fair, right?
Nothing here seems uncivil. Again, disagreement is not disrespect or uncivil. If you're intent on being a victim, that's your thing.

But if you express an opinion, you should be prepared for others to disagree. Personally, I have no use for AI to take over animation tasks for me. I'm a scripter so I can make tools to speed up my workflow on my own, without subsidizing my creativity. The more automation you add to things the more homogeneous they tend to become. 3D animation often suffers from looking very similar, and AI pulling from the same pool of work would, overall, be likely to have the same problem...averaging out the input.

Now, if you really want AI for animation, I'd suggest that Cartoon Animator/Crazy Talk would be a better fit, as that software is already geared toward more automation and less creative input.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Well well well, guys :shock: this turned into a heated agreement and disagreement, don't be like that. I mean :oops: sure, he is new to forum, but he just kept his opinion. I know he knew he made a mess, don't worry, it happens. We appreciate your opinion Stan. Though we need to believe in Victor and Mike, they would definitely be thinking about something in this line to tackle future. :)
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Stan Relovec wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:35 am
synthsin75 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:24 am I never said anyone needed to introduce themselves. Your first several posts on any forum are your de facto introduction. It gives regular members some idea of what kind of poster you're going to be. :roll: This just seemed an odd topic to start with. That's my opinion. Just like wanting AI in Moho is yours.
I'm just sick of all of the debate argument crap that I didn't ask for.
Too bad you don't get to determine how others post, just like they don't get to determine how you post. Again, fair, right?
Nothing here seems uncivil. Again, disagreement is not disrespect or uncivil. If you're intent on being a victim, that's your thing.

But if you express an opinion, you should be prepared for others to disagree. Personally, I have no use for AI to take over animation tasks for me. I'm a scripter so I can make tools to speed up my workflow on my own, without subsidizing my creativity. The more automation you add to things the more homogeneous they tend to become. 3D animation often suffers from looking very similar, and AI pulling from the same pool of work would, overall, be likely to have the same problem...averaging out the input.

Now, if you really want AI for animation, I'd suggest that Cartoon Animator/Crazy Talk would be a better fit, as that software is already geared toward more automation and less creative input.
Me personality, I don't care about introduction or any of that. I can post whatever I want, as long it's not offensive. forum it's all about posting, sharing, helping, giving tips, etc. "Too bad you don't get to determine how others post, just like they don't get to determine how you post. Again, fair, right? Nothing here seems uncivil. Again, disagreement is not disrespect or uncivil." I know this it's just another common sense. in online, you cannot tell whether that guy it's being rude or not. you simply cannot tell, it's just a bunch of pixels on a screen. I cannot tell whether someone is making a disagreement, or someone is being rude and making an argument. simply cannot tell. in real life, you can tell whether that guy it's being rude or not. because you can hear its voice. oh, that guy's voice it's not aggressive he's voice it's chill so he's not rude. oh, his voice a loud and aggressive, so he's rude. but in online you cannot tell whether that guy it's rude or not. because you cannot hear its voice, it's just a bunch of pixels on a screen. so your brain has to make a guess. so I think this it's just another misunderstanding from the brain. my brain thought your rude guy, so I have to defend myself. "If you're intent on being a victim, that's your thing." I have no intention of being a victim. when did I say "I'm a victim" I'm just telling the audience, don't make an argument and be civil that's it. and how am I a "Victim" It's not like I'm injured or anything. I'm not the type of guy who uses the victim card. "But if you express an opinion, you should be prepared for others to disagree." I mean you have a point. my brain thought you were a rude guy. "Now, if you really want AI for animation, I'd suggest that Cartoon Animator/Crazy Talk would be a better fit, as that software is already geared toward more automation and less creative input." No, I don't want to switch to Cartoon Animator. I'm just sharing my opinion about Moho AI stuff. like Moho should add this stuff in my point of view etc. not only to keep up the competition but to beat its competitors. that's just my point of view.

Bro, U also need to understand although you are using moho for months and that's impressive, but here are people who are using moho for years now. So you need to learn when to backup and stop defending urself. Its better for health. Works awesome too in real life. :D
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Stan Relovec wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:08 am
striker2311 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:47 am
Stan Relovec wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:35 am

Me personality, I don't care about introduction or any of that. I can post whatever I want, as long it's not offensive. forum it's all about posting, sharing, helping, giving tips, etc. "Too bad you don't get to determine how others post, just like they don't get to determine how you post. Again, fair, right? Nothing here seems uncivil. Again, disagreement is not disrespect or uncivil." I know this it's just another common sense. in online, you cannot tell whether that guy it's being rude or not. you simply cannot tell, it's just a bunch of pixels on a screen. I cannot tell whether someone is making a disagreement, or someone is being rude and making an argument. simply cannot tell. in real life, you can tell whether that guy it's being rude or not. because you can hear its voice. oh, that guy's voice it's not aggressive he's voice it's chill so he's not rude. oh, his voice a loud and aggressive, so he's rude. but in online you cannot tell whether that guy it's rude or not. because you cannot hear its voice, it's just a bunch of pixels on a screen. so your brain has to make a guess. so I think this it's just another misunderstanding from the brain. my brain thought your rude guy, so I have to defend myself. "If you're intent on being a victim, that's your thing." I have no intention of being a victim. when did I say "I'm a victim" I'm just telling the audience, don't make an argument and be civil that's it. and how am I a "Victim" It's not like I'm injured or anything. I'm not the type of guy who uses the victim card. "But if you express an opinion, you should be prepared for others to disagree." I mean you have a point. my brain thought you were a rude guy. "Now, if you really want AI for animation, I'd suggest that Cartoon Animator/Crazy Talk would be a better fit, as that software is already geared toward more automation and less creative input." No, I don't want to switch to Cartoon Animator. I'm just sharing my opinion about Moho AI stuff. like Moho should add this stuff in my point of view etc. not only to keep up the competition but to beat its competitors. that's just my point of view.

Bro, U also need to understand although you are using moho for months and that's impressive, but here are people who are using moho for years now. So you need to learn when to backup and stop defending urself. Its better for health. Works awesome too in real life. :D
I've been using Moho for like 7-8 months I guess? "stop defending urself. Its better for health" I agree with this one, I defend myself because I'm afraid to get a bad reputation. if I don't defend.
Dont worry you wont have bad reputation, don't let that stuck in your mind. Nothing is permanent if u think u create bad impression (which is certainly not the case). :)
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Stan Relovec wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:17 am
striker2311 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:44 am Well well well, guys :shock: this turned into a heated agreement and disagreement, don't be like that. I mean :oops: sure, he is new to forum, but he just kept his opinion. I know he knew he made a mess, don't worry, it happens. We appreciate your opinion Stan. Though we need to believe in Victor and Mike, they would definitely be thinking about something in this line to tackle future. :)
Yes, I knew I made a mess, but it's too late I cannot do anything. My brain basically misunderstands, I'm not gonna explain it any further if you want the full context. go read my other post. "Though we need to believe in Victor and Mike, they would definitely be thinking about something in this line to tackle future. :)" I agree that's only our hope.
Yeah, I read that before, I know you are thinking about betterment of MOHO, its just a matter of agreements and disagreements, but believe me we are all in same boat which we want to set onto a land where MOHO is just awesome than ever before. :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Stan Relovec wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:35 am I cannot tell whether someone is making a disagreement, or someone is being rude and making an argument. simply cannot tell.
Then you're better off giving people online the benefit of the doubt, until it's very obvious, right? Getting defensive and accusing people of being disrespectful or uncivil is you starting the disrespect and incivility.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

From my point of view there was never any drama and always was peaceful. You're the only one here whose made inflammatory accusations, but I just assume you're young or something and hope you learn a better way to communicate online.

Cheers.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

It‘s always funny how AI bros tag me and think i‘m a scared, white bearded purist or something yet they lose their nerves when somebody suggests that their 12 season series for Cartoon Network that they could generate with a mouse click probably won‘t happen 😆

And the funny thing is it‘s mostly people who don‘t understand really how animation or pipelines work and also don‘t really understand how the whole AI (which really isn‘t as intelligent as you think) works.

I wrote a long text but somehow the forum acted up and i lost it, prolly for the better i won‘t comment on this topic anymore so don‘t bother replying.

All i will say in closing: the really sad part is to see how much people believe in computers and how little in themselves.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I suggest any AI created for Moho not actually animate, only give animation suggestions and feedback, and you can talk to it via a microphone. This is an example of how I imagine it might work:

ANIMATOR: Yo, Moho AI, I made a 10-second cartoon of a character walking from his kitchen to his living room and then he sits down. What do you think?

MOHO AI: Wow! It is a breathtaking work of staggering genius, however the line quality is mediocre. I suggest you buy the "100 Brushes Content Pack" from LostMarble for $29.99 and use a variety of brushes.

ANIMATOR: Maybe later. Some guy on the Moho forum said my cartoon lacks humor. How could I make it funnier?

MOHO AI: Have your character slip on a banana peel.

ANIMATOR: Huh? That doesn't make sense.

MOHO AI: I am aware of 12,414 variations of the gag, proving its popularity. Why do you dislike my suggestion? Are you depressed? Perhaps your mediocre line quality is the reason.

ANIMATOR: My character is a bipedal banana. It doesn't make sense for him to slip on a banana peel. Do you have another idea?

MOHO AI: Have your character slip on a human peel.

ANIMATOR: Yes!
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Wow, this discussion descended into chaos rapidly with ad absurdems and ad hominems as a result. Maybe it's too early to talk about AI without people taking it personally. I'm honestly surprised by that and I think it's everyone's loss.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

i love moho as much as the next person, but a quick look at the bug / feature request discussion boards will tell you that there are quite a few issues (like vector drawing tools that don't drive people crazy?) that should probably be addressed well before even thinking about implementing any sort of artificial intelligence.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

alanthebox wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:48 am i love moho as much as the next person, but a quick look at the bug / feature request discussion boards will tell you that there are quite a few issues (like vector drawing tools that don't drive people crazy?) that should probably be addressed well before even thinking about implementing any sort of artificial intelligence.
But the AI could guess at what you were trying to draw and fix it, right? :wink:
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:55 am But the AI could guess at what you were trying to draw and fix it, right? :wink:
MOHO AI: Animator, please be aware, the giraffe you drew has two defects: its neck is too long and one eye is too large. Would you like me to fix these errors for you?

ANIMATOR: That was a drawing of my grandmother.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

alanthebox wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:48 am i love moho as much as the next person, but a quick look at the bug / feature request discussion boards will tell you that there are quite a few issues (like vector drawing tools that don't drive people crazy?) that should probably be addressed well before even thinking about implementing any sort of artificial intelligence.
100%

Be that as it may, these tools are advancing really quickly. It's smart to consider and talk about how they will affect our work.