Move Points In All Selected Layers

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mgo

Move Points In All Selected Layers

Post by mgo »

I'd kill for this :)

The workarounds are known, and I have tried the magnet-across-layers script. Still I so much miss the ability to just select points across two or more layers at once and quickly fix the shapes. Sometimes, even with careful planning, last minute changes are necessary. With a character is already made up of twenty layers (10 masking, 10 masked) that can take a considerable amount of time.

I really hope this is something for a future update.
🚀
Greenlaw

Re: Move Points In All Selected Layers

Post by Greenlaw »

Except for way, way back when I was starting out with Moho, I hardly ever have a problem with that. I think over time, you just learn to avoid getting into that situation. 😺

That said, yes, using A.Evseeva's Multilayer Magnet tool is probably the most common way to deal with this. I do wish this tool had a Constant mode so that all points in every selected layer could be moved together without the falloff effect (like the Constant mode in DW Root's modified Magnet tool.) I know you can scale the brush really HUGE to minimize the falloff but it would better to just have this option. Having other falloff options would be welcome too.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, I just remembered another way to do this.

You can transform all the selected layers together, but of course this offsets the layer origins which isn't always ideal in a rig. But there is a script out there that resets the layer transformations while preserving the transformed positions of all the points.

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I used that script and I don't remember what it was called. Will search around for it.

Update: It was probably one of these two A.Eveesa scripts... I don't have time to confirm this today but maybe someone else can.
mgo

Post by mgo »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:04 pm ... I think over time, you just learn to avoid getting into that situation. 😺
Yep that's the spirit :) I still DO hope we'll get multi-layer editing at some point.
🚀
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

I think this is just something that should come with Moho from the get go.

As much as i love the scripting community in this Forum, the answer for basic functionality (not even features) shouldn't always be "there's a script for that". Yes, we old-timers know that but every newcomer won't plus every time i have to switch to some 3rd party script it makes the user experience just a bit more jarring.

Love scripts, thankful to all the people that make them, but basic stuff like selecting points from multiple layers isn't something the scripting community should have to solve.