Bone Dynamics-Bone starts wiggling like crazy on play back

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Calebj7

Bone Dynamics-Bone starts wiggling like crazy on play back

Post by Calebj7 »

Hi there,

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or user error (hah) but here's the situation.

I've been running into an issue when working in Moho and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out.
First a little setup, I'm doing a simple animation where an arm moves up and I want the hand to move dynamically with it so I don't have to take the time to animate the follow through.

Whenever I apply bone dynamics to the animation, the bones don't seem to respond dynamically to the animation. Instead, when I try to play the animation, the bones begin to vibrate or wiggle exponentially from a standstill, rather than moving naturally based on the animation.

I've tried tweaking the settings for bone dynamics, but so far nothing has worked. Do you have any suggestions for how I might fix this problem? I'd really appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

I'm attaching an export so you can see what happens as well as a screen shot of the dynamic settings applied to the hand.

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Bone Dynamics-Bone starts wiggling like crazy on play back

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's hard to know without seeing the actual file and there are many factors that could affect this: dynamics values, angle constraints, hierarchy, smart bones, etc.

Maybe the first half of this tutorial could help:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel