Smart Add Point Tool

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Smart Add Point Tool

Post by drumlug13 »

Unless it's already been scripted that is...

I would be nice to add a point anywhere on a curve between two points and just have it adopt the curvature for that part of the line, and not change how the line passes through the existing points. I guess it would be like how Moho already splits two points but of course it always places it in the center. It would be nice to add a point anywhere on a curve without correcting how that affects the points around it

I don't know if that would mess up the way the Add Point tool works now so I'm guessing it would have to be a new tool of its own? It's all way way way over my head.
Adam
SimplSam

Re: Smart Add Point Tool

Post by SimplSam »

It should already do that if you have the following 3 settings, set as below:

Image (Moho Pro)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

.......... whatever :roll:

I mean.... I was just seeing if you guys were awake :shock:

Seriously though this isn't the first time I've suggested an awesome addition that has been in the software for a few years. (And most likely not the last time.)

Thanks man!
Adam
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

drumlug13 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:23 am Seriously though this isn't the first time I've suggested an awesome addition that has been in the software for a few years. (And most likely not the last time.)

Thanks man!
Keep suggesting ideas! It doesn't matter if the software can already do it. If you don't know how to do something and couldn't figure it out, that means the interface needs improvement.

In my opinion, "splitting a curve" or whatever it's called could be a lot easier to figure-out.

At the very least, some helpful information could be added to the status bar explaining how to do it.