Modified magnet and points tools.

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lucasfranca

Re: Modified magnet and points tools.

Post by lucasfranca »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:57 pm MAGNET TOOL:
I added different falloff strengths for the magnet tool. You can now choose between: linear, smooth, spherical, random, constant and cylindrical falloff strengths.
DOWNLOAD: dr_magnet.zip

Reposted with permission from the author. (Note: The Translate Points mod might be considered obsolete for 13.5.5, but the Magnet mod is definitely still useful.)
Greenlaw, sem querer abusar da sua boa vontade, mas será que consegue implementar isso na MULTILAYER MAGNETIC?

https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_magnet
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The two tools have different features so I actually have both installed. The differences...

The DKWRoot one has multiple falloff options to choose from. I frequently switch between Smooth and Linear depending on the task. Also, this version is a mod so when you add it to your Custom Content folder, it non-destructively over-rides the native Magnet tool.

The A.Evseeva one, as you know, works through multiple layers. However, it does not have the falloff options. Because this is added as a separate tool and not as a tool mod, you can have both tools installed at the same time.

As for adding the features of one to the other to make it a single tool, that's a good idea! You could try contacting the authors of each version and asking them.

Even the original Magnet tool is a personal favorite and I'd like to see it updated to do all of the above and more in a future version of Moho. :D
mionorz

Post by mionorz »

mionorz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm
dkwroot wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 pm MAGNET TOOL:
I added different falloff strengths for the magnet tool. You can now choose between: linear, smooth, spherical, random, constant and cylindrical falloff strengths.
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... VVuTzQtbzQ

TRANSLATE POINTS TOOL:
You can now move the point of rotation. Simply hold <shift><alt> and click to move the point of rotation to where you please. You can center the rotation by simply pressing the "center" button.
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... 0tqQUhsdjg
Thanks for the great script.
I like this tool a lot.

By the way, I have encountered a definite software crash when using this tool.
When I do the following, MOHO is forced to shut down almost 100% of the time.

I am using MOHO Pro 13.0.2 version.

Move a point with this magnetic tool

We then cut the dimension of the point moved in the timeline and cut the dimension of either X or Y
Remove the keyframe.

If you move forward in the timeline and use the magnet again to move the point, the MOHO ends and
A window appears to report a bug.

I haven't seen this with the custom magnet tool that others have created.

I think the problem is probably due to the fact that the dimension disconnect property was introduced in MOHO when it was first introduced.

I can't deal with it. I need your help.
This crash I posted earlier does not occur with the current 13.5.5.
I have reported the crash to the current development team and they may have fixed it... :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just so there's no confusion, these tools were created by DKWRoot, not me. My only involvement is making them available again after they disappeared.

Any comments or requests about these scripts should be addressed to DKWRoot.

Thanks!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

FWIW... DKWRoot's magnet tool which was created by modifying the then current "factory" version of the LM_Magnet tool.

I've done a comparison of it with the now (13.5.5) LM_Magnet tool -- and there seem to have been NO code changes to the factory tool since DKWRoot's updates... So DKWRoot's tool can be regarded as current.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for checking that Paul, it's good to know! I wasn't aware of any official changes after the mod was created but I hadn't thought about that either.