Camera Should Be An Object – Multi Camera Setup

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arglborps

Camera Should Be An Object – Multi Camera Setup

Post by arglborps »

I just thought how Apple Motion can have as many cameras as you like and you can switch between them, and it would be nice to have something like that in Moho, too. I know you can switch camera angles and if you use step interpolation you can make it look as if you had several cameras, but if you want to switch back and forth between cameras or you have one moving and one fixed camera it gets super complicated to emulate that in Moho.

So what if…

• The Camera was yet another object appearing in the layer list
  • You could animate that cameras as you wish
  • You could have several cameras (by default the top would be the one used for rendering
  • You could put the camera in a switch layer and then have two, three, ten cameras and switch between them using the switch layer functionality?
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

SimplSam

Re: Camera Should Be An Object – Multi Camera Setup

Post by SimplSam »

Would also need some way to view multiple cameras at the same time during edit, and target content/layers to particulars cameras or canvases (like comps), otherwise I don't think it would be much of an improvement.
Last edited by SimplSam on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I just wish we had a way to create a rig for a Moho camera, like with null or locator objects for hierarchical setups.

Moho's camera is fine for simple pans and dolly, but when I need something more advanced, I have export my layers from Moho and use a compositing or 3D animation program's camera instead.

It would be great if Moho's FBX i/o supported camera setups with hierarchical items and lens animations. This would make moving between 3D animation and some compositing programs easier. Direct Ae support (like Reallusion Cartoon Animator has) would be great too since Ae doesn't support FBX natively.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Up until now, I've managed with just the one camera and keyed it (and/or the target scene group) to give me different shots of the one scene. Or I've simply replicated the .moho and put the "other camera" positioning into the copy/ies and done the cut between the two or more views of the same scene in my video editor. But the piece I've just finished had me screaming for a better way to do it ... so yeah - multi camera - high on my wish list.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

hayasidist wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:17 pm so yeah - multi camera - high on my wish list.
I have something in the works.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

:-) looking forward to it!