Animation over real footage

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Maestral

Re: Animation over real footage

Post by Maestral »

You're absolutely right - you have no manners whatsoever.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Last edited by synthsin75 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Took me a while but I believe I figured out why would you aim to hurt someone debating with you.
I have a new catchphrase for you - cognitive dissonance

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Maestral

Post by Maestral »

My feelings are hurt as much as the feelings of that librarian, in the linked video and in the posted screenshot. I guess you'd be able to convince someone, after watching that video, that librarian was deeply emotionally distressed.

All of this started as a friendly reminder that you either misread or misinterpreted the news you've heard (referendum not elections) and sharing your opinion here would be like celebrating the winning of your team, but not with your team and fellow fans of that team but among the fans of some other team.

Now, you're implying my emotions are any different than before that initial post?! Your interpretation of the librarian's facial expressions is "emotional distress"?!

About the 'human zoo' and 'people asking for freedom' - as depicted, in the first photo - they never had a chance to experience any hardship while being or living here.

A brief history insight...
Some of the first laws and legislation here guaranteed personal freedoms to all. If someone with slave/s enters the governed territory, the slave/s would become free person/s by the first step into the governed territory and would gain personal freedom equal to any other resident. Protection was included as well.
In the first constitution, we have had the same article (not amendment ;)

Further back in history, some 6K BC / neolith - ore and metal production was fully developed (Винча, Лепенски вир...). One other oddity of those urbanised and permanent residential areas - they were not fortified, in any given way. There was no need for such things. Alas, some other 'concepts' would arrive eventually...

A mere existence measured in hundreds of years is like a summer rain pond in comparison to the ocean from which I could reach for arguments. This is why I'm being polite. Why or how are you misinterpreting that - perhaps a catchphrase could help?

8)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Maestral

Post by Maestral »

This 'othering' is nothing more than a question of manners / or the lack of them. Just a mere drive through order in the middle of the library.
Apparently, you can't reach that POV hence everything (everybody) else is simply wrong. From your POV. That's something I was not aware of through all of these years and this correspondence made it obvious (to me). No harping or trolling but a genuine interest in understanding.

Everything else was a response to your question: What do you have against the will of the Chilean people?

Far as I know, nobody was banned just because of lacking some manners. Though, it is said that life is more pleasant with them but... we all have a choice.
ggoblin

Post by ggoblin »

Wow, I seemed to have missed this whole discussion. And I see many of the posts by Wes seem to have been censored or self-censored? so I cant even follow what was said.

I'm not an expert, but I think we need to look at this defeat in a wider context - it doesn't mean the people are happy with the US/Pinochet imposed constitution. In the 2020 referendum 78% Chileans approved to dump the US/Pinochet imposed constitution and draft a new one. The only municipalities that wanted to keep the US/Pinochet imposed constitution was where the rich elite live, whose plundering was safeguarded by Pinochets constitution in return to their loyalty to Washington.

So what went wrong? The new constitution was good, perhaps too good, and that might have been the problem as in order to achieve the social justice and eco-justice it promised, it stepped on a few toes. And like in any democracy the media is always controlled by the rich elite whose interest it is to divide people by amplifying differences and distorting facts. One of the strengths of the new constitution was it gave collective rights to Indigenous peoples. By the time the media had spun it as a threat to the non-indigenous "white" population, it became the most disapproved part of the new constitution.

The defeat is not the end, as recently as this July 74% Chileans supported another new constitution redrafting process even if the proposed new constitution was rejected. But its a pity, as I think the next one will be a watered down version of what was a great constitution.

Anyway, thats my penny worth of opinion.
pihms

Post by pihms »

Great animation, writing, and directing of the animation Victor! Your talent amazes me constantly.