invisible action when points are copy-pasted into another layer

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

invisible action when points are copy-pasted into another layer

Post by Daxel »

If you have a smart action that animates the points of a shape, and you copy-paste that shape into a different new empty layer, activating the smart action (rotating the smartbone) will keep activating the animation of that pasted shape in the new layer, even if there is no action showing in the action panel while this new layer is selected.

To make the smartaction visible on the action panel when you select the new layer, you have to activate (enter) the smartaction on the bone layer. You have to do that for as many actions you have affecting that shape.

If the intention of the developers was to keep the smartaction when we copy-paste a shape (strange, but could be useful in some obscure way), then the smartaction should be visible from that layer.
synthsin75

Re: invisible action when points are copy-pasted into another layer

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks unintended.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Actions do carry over with the items (layers, artwork, etc.,) they're associated with when copy/pasted, so I think this is a refresh issue. I'll have to check for this myself but it's good to know...I would have been puzzled about why I didn't immediately see the action listed. :)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

yeah I kind of like that the shapes carry the actions even if that was unexpected to me. It could be useful. But the actions should be visible of course.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Daxel

Just confirming what you wrote, and yeah I think this is a bug too.

I finally got around to checking this issue and you're right, the Action is not appearing in the Action window list after the shape is pasted into a new layer. But the shape's action is clearly carrying over because the Smart Bone Dial will still animate it.

Thanks for the tip about opening the Smart Bone's action to enable the visibility of the action for the artwork layer. Very good to know!