Fonts selection.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

x-vishon

Fonts selection.

Post by x-vishon »

Would love to be able to use the arrow keys or mouse wheel when scrolling through the list of fonts looking for fonts. Right now you need to click them all one at a time and that gets tedious really fast.
~ David McInnis
SimplSam

Re: Fonts selection.

Post by SimplSam »

I think this is a bug in the latest version(s).

I can use up/down and first letter to navigate with 12.5, but not current 13.5.5
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

FWIW, testing this I've just noticed that holding the middle mouse button/wheel and dragging up/down lets you quickly navigate and preview through visible items of these kind of lists, you still may have to go scrolling with mouse's wheel as you get the last visible one... but I think it's something 🤷‍♂️
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

x-vishon wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:33 pm Would love to be able to use the arrow keys or mouse wheel when scrolling through the list of fonts looking for fonts. Right now you need to click them all one at a time and that gets tedious really fast.
which version and platform are you on??

I've just has a look at the Text tool on 13.5.5 windows 10 -- mouse wheel works (as Ramon observed), side-bar drag also works; and entering text in the font box will search for fonts containing the entered text -- e.g. entering ver will find the verdana fonts. True the arrow keys don't work (but did in 12.5) .. I'll log that one
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ramón López wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:57 pm FWIW, testing this I've just noticed that holding the middle mouse button/wheel and dragging up/down lets you quickly navigate and preview through visible items of these kind of lists, you still may have to go scrolling with mouse's wheel as you get the last visible one... but I think it's something 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I can verify that works on Windows 10. On my laptop, I can just hold both mouse buttons (which is middle click) and moving up and down previews each font. Like you said, just have to pause to scroll the list occasionally.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

OK - Seems like I can hold any mouse button (Lft, Rgt, Mid, any combo) and move up / down to scroll through previews.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SimplSam wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:51 pm OK - Seems like I can hold any mouse button (Lft, Rgt, Mid, any combo) and move up / down to scroll through previews.
Yep, that works here too.