Adding 'wind' to particles technique

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Adding 'wind' to particles technique

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I was checking some old files and found this tutorial with a technique to easily add and animate 'wind' in particles.
I totally forgot about this video and don't know who I sent it to, but I think the technique could be interesting for you :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Re: Adding 'wind' to particles technique

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice effect, Victor.
SuperSGL

Re: Adding 'wind' to particles technique

Post by SuperSGL »

When you said wind I immediately thought of the bones.I just tried this out and the line (path) I added 2 bones and gave them the wind dynamics I also added an extra point in the middle of the line (as curve) It gives it a slow down and speed up effect. I only used one particle and the one line but I'm sure using your method with one line moving back and forth and the other on the wind could be a pretty cool effect. As always thanks for sharing (I never would have thought of this on my own :D )
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations