Directional Blur Bias

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MrMiracle77

Directional Blur Bias

Post by MrMiracle77 »

The 'Motion Blur' layer option in Moho is pretty good, but I think the option creates more rendering overhead than is really needed to create the desired effect. The current Motion Blur basically renders one or more after-images at varying degrees of visibility, which creates the same processing overhead an entire duplicate layer. Depending on the complexity of that layer, this can get very steep very quickly. I don't want this feature to go away, though. I've managed to make some fairly trippy after-image effects. I just think the feature should be given a name closer to what it actually does.

What I'd like to see is the option for the 'blur' feature (available in the main layer options) to be given a directional bias, allowing the blur to be greater in one direction (or axis) than others. I could see this being useful on a background or foreground layer when simulating camera movements, or adding a directional blur to part of a character for emphasis on an action like a throw or a punch. Possibly, the magnitude of the blur could even be adjusted for the speed and direction in which a layer is moving.
- Dave

(As Your GM)