Visemes Import tool

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tiatridis

Visemes Import tool

Post by tiatridis »

Quick question. I tried to post before but looks like it didn't take, so asking again. There's a post about this wonderful script from Simple Sam which allows you to import visemes from Adobe Character Animator. I installed it and the tool shows up when you have the mouths switch layer choosen. It should import the visimes which Character Animator puts into the clipboard as a text doc but when I click the tool but on my rig it does nothing. I notice it says tested up to version 12. I was wondering if this doesn't work with 13.5? I think I have all the steps right. If it doesn't I wonder if it's possible to get a version of V12 for just this purpose since I am a registered member with 13.5. I imagine you can open a 12 document with 13.5 and cut and paste the visimes.

Thanks so much , really enjoying learning 13.5.
alanthebox

Re: Visemes Import tool

Post by alanthebox »

Hmm... I successfully used this tool with 13.5.2. Just to be clear, you've set up your mouths using the exact same naming as shown in SimpleSam's post? And then after applying the lip sync to the timeline in Character Animator, you right click the audio input and select 'copy visemes for after effects,' then select mouth switch layer in Moho and press the button for the script?
tiatridis

Post by tiatridis »

Yes, those exact steps. I tried it both with and without the corresponding audio file already in Moho. I eliminated extra mouth shapes so it matched the example exactly. I tried with Ah instead of Aa as Ah is the default in Character Animator, but it failed either way. I can confirm the data is in the clipboard but when I press the button it's like it doesn't get imported for some reason. This would be amazing if I can get it working. Could it be a Mac compatibility issue I wonder? Running Big Sur OS.

tiatridis

Post by tiatridis »

Hm, yes seems to be an issue with the OS. I installed the demo version of 13.5 on my MacBook and it does work there with the same exact steps. The MacBook is still running one generation older OS being Catalina.

Am I allowed to install the app on more than one of my computers? Gonna see if that works next, then I could send a Moho file with just the mouths to my iMac and copy and past hopefully.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Okay, glad it's working (to some extent)! I believe you are allowed 2 installations per license. If you ever plan to retire a machine it's installed on, I think you just want to be sure to deactivate Moho first.
tiatridis

Post by tiatridis »

Coo, thanks for the feedback.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You actually get 3 installations/activations with Moho, but you're only supposed to run with one at a time.

FYI, if you lose an activation because a computer died before you could deactivate it, I think you can request to retrieve that activation. It used to be that you could do this yourself but I'm not sure that's still the case.
tiatridis

Post by tiatridis »

OK, not a problem I can do all the lip-syncing on the MacBook, save the Moho files, shut it down there, then open them up on the main computer and cut and paste the string of visemes into my projects there. Bit of a workaround, but not bad. Although I found it to be way to rudimentary to do the projects I want to do I have to admit the Adobe Character Animator handles lip-syncing really, really well. The Papagayo method works decently but requires a lot of tweaking, the import from Character Animator is nearly flawless. If you have Character Animator make a rig with just mouths, might save some time!
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Although I do like the results that Character Animator gives out, I find myself using this lip sync script a lot more frequently (I think I just prefer having everything in one program): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34806

Overall, I like having so many script options for such a tedious task.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

@titridis I came here for the viseme import tool discussion
but I have got to say
The underpants on your character have really made my day. :)
tiatridis

Post by tiatridis »

Lol, it's a character I am developing called 'underwear dog', wherein he is a stand up comedian. I hope to start. posting episodes to social media by next month.